Juicing Tomatoes In Small Batches

I'm growing tomatoes in containers. I would like to make juice out of them, but they are not accumulating fast enough. Can I freeze them a few at a time until I have enough for the juice? Also, does anyone have a recipe for making V8 Juice using all eight vegetables?

Ben from Chattanooga, TN

You can freeze them and then make juice. When I have tomatoes for a meal, any left over, I put in freezer, then when I make juice I dump them in.

Don't know how to make the V8 juice.

This is the v-8 juice recipe someone gave me and I can it all the time in tomato season. It is not salty like what you buy.

1/2 bushel tomatoes

1 stalk celery

1/4 tsp garlic powder

2 beets (I have used pickled ones for this)

1/2 green pepper

1 large carrot

1/2 onion

Place tomatoes in pan to simmer (peeled and cut up a little)

Grind rest in food grinder and add to the tomatoes.

Simmer until soft.

Put this mixture through a Foley food mill, fill jars and add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar to each jar. Put in hot water bath canner for 20 minutes. I have had a lot of luck with this recipe and use the juice in chili and also tastes good to drink. It really is not hard to do just fussy but so is a lot of canning. I love to can!

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJuly 26, 2007
Woman juicing fruits
Cleaning a Juicer
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes