Growing Tomatoes From Slices

Category Growing Food
Try this quick and easy way to plant tomato seeds from your store bought produce. This is a page about growing tomatoes from slices.

I don't mean you can get ready sliced tomatoes off a plant :0) that would be silly. However, rather than pay for an expensive pack of seeds, or go to the trouble of picking seeds out of a tomato and drying them, you can actually plant slices of tomatoes. It's so easy to do. Simply lay them out, cover with compost and keep them watered.

Stick a slice of tomato 1/2 inch in the ground and walk away. No need for anything fancy. The seeds sprout. You thin them out. The slice feeds the couple you keep. You just provide the water, and later, some Epsom salt and whatever else you want to use for food. Plant a marigold nearby to ward off bad bugs and attract ladybugs.

Sorry I don't have a photo. I'm only growing cherry tomatoes right now, but they are still producing and that's how I got them started. This method is based on my own science experiment many years ago and life experience.

Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodMay 4, 2016
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Growing-Tomatoes-From-Slices.html