Growing Tomatoes From Slices

Category Growing Food
Try this quick and easy way to plant tomato seeds from your store bought produce. This is a page about growing tomatoes from slices.

I don't mean you can get ready sliced tomatoes off a plant :0) that would be silly. However, rather than pay for an expensive pack of seeds, or go to the trouble of picking seeds out of a tomato and drying them, you can actually plant slices of tomatoes. It's so easy to do. Simply lay them out, cover with compost and keep them watered.

Thanks for this tip! It's so easy and obvious if you think about it, but I didn't. :)

Personally I can't wait to try this, this year! Thanks for sharing!

I never thought of doing this, but what a great idea, and talk about Thrifty!! I did know that sometimes if a tomato falls to the ground, the next Spring you will see tomato plants.

Same thing with cucumbers. I had about 4 "volunteer" cucumber plants this year.

Incredible tip. Thanks for sharing.

Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodMay 4, 2016
🎃