Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding

Category Painting
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Paint can drip on your vinyl siding when you are repainting the trim. This is a guide about removing paint stains from vinyl siding.

Spray paint off vinyl siding, teens thought this was fun in my neighborhood. All of us got one! I found that nail polish remover and a nail brush, plus elbow grease got black paint off light tan siding without bleaching out the vinyl siding. I got a half gallon jug at a beauty supply store, and had some left over just in case!

By Bonnie from Dayton, Ohio

Read 2 Comments

I need to know what is the easiest and cheapest way to remove paint from vinyl siding. My husband and I stained the deck 3 years ago and since then have not been able to remove the paint. It is a deep cherry color and our siding is beige! We want to sell the house but need to get the paint off first. We tried all the home depot products, including regular paint thinner and Goo Gone but they did not work. Please help.

Kris from Randolph, NJ

Answer Was this helpful? 2

I have both paint stains and deck stain on mine, been there 14 years. Tried everything, but a stainless steel scourer and dishwashing liquid and a lot of elbow grease got them off and now it looks good, We are in Australia ( Melbourne) so the sun has bleached the boards.

Nick

remove red stain from vinyl fence

You used the Mr clean magic eraser to help get the paint off the vinyl siding?

GREAT TIP! I thought I ruined the tan siding with dark spray paint splatter, some larger spots. I just tried nail polish remover, goo gone and greased lightening. Nail polish worked some with alot of effort but felt like it was taking color off. Other two didn't work at all. Gasoline took it right off with ease. Thank goodness. Didn't mess color of siding up at all but I sprayed it off with water, just in case.

How do I remove paint stripper spots from vinyl siding?

Sheri

I also have stripper spots on my beige vinyl siding. I stripped the paint from our porch and at least 4 rows of siding was damaged from the stripper, even though I consistently hosed it down with a power washer during the stripping process. I tried everything to remove it and nothing worked. Then I tried an S.O.S. pad, Viola, the spots disappeared like magic. Since vinyl siding has color the whole way through, the stripper only damaged the very top layer of the color. I just wet the S.O.S. pad and rubbed (it takes some rubbing) with the grain of the siding until the spots disappeared. Rinsed it well and it looks great. Hope this has helped!