Burning Crayons

Why does it take colored crayons longer to burn than white crayons?

Ronald from Savannah, Georgia

You shouldn't use crayons to make candles cause the dyes are flammable and could cause serious injury. That is why it takes longer due to the amount of pigment and whether it can pass thru the wick without clogging it.

I don't understand denise w's explanation of why crayons shouldn't be used to color candles. Candle wax is also extremely flammable; both candles and crayons are made from parrafin as their base (unless you have the newer soy wax candles). Several craft instructions I have say to use crayons to color the wax when making candles, and I was told that the pigment sold to color candles is the same that's used for making crayons. Am I missing something or have I been misinformed? I'm just curious...

I don't get the question - burning how? And as far as candles go, in my many years, I've never used anything BUT crayons to color them. I would guess they take longer to burn that way because they (crayons) aren't pure paraffin.

Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons, Uses for Old Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons
Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 11, 2008
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Making recycled letter crayons.
Making Recycled Crayons
Uses for Old Crayons
Wax Crayons
Painting With Wax Crayons
🎉
🎄