Poll: Do you have a dog?

Today's poll asks: Do you have a dog?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

I have 5 Shih Tzus that I've adopted ranging in age from 12 yrs to 1&frac; yrs of age. One was severely abused, 4 others have health problems from bad knees to a heart problem. Just put down my oldest who had been abused by boys. He was growing cysts and the were interfering with his ability to walk. Lance was 14 yrs, and I'd had him for 12 years. Have done this for many years and there are 22 buried in my backyard. They are my 'family' and are loved and spoiled by me.

I have a part Chow / Lab, she has the attitude of the Chow & the smartness in her from the Lab. She's all black, with curled tail like the Chow & short smooth coat like the Lab. Daisey is her name.

My husbad picked up a pup that had been abanded.He took her to our Vet, who gave her 2 weeks to live without medical care. Her eyes were sunken in, ribs showing, & every kind of parasite, encluding tapeworm.Found when she was 8weeks old & now 9 mo's old. Doc said she was a Border Collie. Her name is Sally

Here is a picture of Sally the Border Collie we saved from dieing, it is a pic of her when she was a pup / Now 9 mo.s old. One leg is black on the LEFT side, the other 3 are white. She also has 1 blaCk shoulder on the Right with the other one being White. This goes with my earlier Post of Daisey.

I have 2 dogs. Bijou is 2 1/2 years old. Part Boston Terrier and part Pit Bull. He is very sweet and affectionate. I got him for company when I lived alone. I've Had him since he was 5 weeks old. Abbygail was on her way to the pound when I took her from my nephew. She just turned 1 this month.She is a Chihuahua Mix. She has to have love first thing every morning and then she washes my face and hands.She's very hyper. They are my children and I could'nt do without either one of them. Ellen

I have one dog, Charlie, who is 6 years old (german shephard/husky) and he is 100% dorkdog! He is almost my size, but the only thing dangerous on him is his tongue and tail! He loves our boys so much, he sleeps under the bunk bed and never lets them out of his sight when we are outside. We adopted him through Friends of Pets in Alaska when he was one year old, and had to help him through a lot of trust issues and separation anxiety for the first year. Sometimes he relapses, especially when things get busy in other areas of our lives, but he gives us a look that will break your heart, and then you know it is time to slow down! His favorite pasttime is playing with his tennis bawllie (ball) and licking my DH's bald head (or trying to!)

Yes, actually, I have 5, 2 inside and 3 outside. AND I baby sit my son's dog during the day because his yard is not fenced in and my granddog needs AC on continuously.

Chloe - a spitfire! part blue heeler, part corgey

Cherry - a princess, part dachand, part beagle (maybe)

Searcher - a good old man, part hound

Jake - needy, but he was born with only 3 legs and a nub. Black Lab.

Bridger - a silly litte fellow, found while looking for Searcher and Jake when they got out of the fence as we were building a new one.

All the above dogs are reascued from the shelter, except Bridger, who was rescued from the river area where a lot of people dump animals.

My son's dog, sweetest thing, so soft and cuddly, Thirio (Greek for Beast), half bull masttif, half rottweiler and so gentle. He loves his granny and is always glad to see me in the morning and always glad to see his dad at night I think the 2 girls run him crazy during the day. :)

I love each and everyone one of them. Recently Cherry (got her name because of a cherry eye) saw the vet for her eye and itching. Seems she's allergic to grass and is going to have to have her eye cherry removed which means an overnight trip to the vet. She is very tender hearted and I guess I am too because I'm worried about her thinking I've taken her back to the humane society because she will be in a cage while at the vet's. But it will have to be done, her cherry eye is becoming inlarged and infection is possible, so I keep a close watch on her.

We've had many dogs over the years, but never so many at once. And we have decided that we will always adopt our babies from the humane society. They seem to be the best dogs for us. My son's dog, Thirio, is not from the shelter, instead from a breeder and has serious hip joint problems. As do many dogs that come from breeders. But he was a mistake when the rott and bull mastiff got together so he is not pure bred. He's on a diet right now, poor baby, but it is to help his joints. He has to lose 15 pounds, from 130. He's just a baby and I hate to see him have to eat such small amounts of food, but he seems satisfied with it. He's also afraid of everyone and everything. His bark is MUCH bigger than any bite. I don't think he could harm anything. The grandbaby is now over 2 and larger than the last picture. She knows Thirio has a hurt leg and only approaches him with soft pats, then leaves him alone. He is grateful!

Love my babies!

A happy dog standing up.
Training a Dog to Stop Mounting (Humping) People
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog