House Trained Dog Started Pooping in Kennel

This is a page about house trained dog started pooping in his kennel. It is unusual for a house trained dog to begin pooping in its crate. It could be due to physical or emotional issues for the dog. It is important to determine if there has been a significant change that has affected the dog or if they are ill.

My 16 month old English Bulldog is pooping in his kennel after being house broken for over a year.

Answers

Best Answer

Normally when a dog starts pooping in his kennel after being house trained for over a year means that something has changed. A dog can sense changes in the home and when this happens they start acting out. One they can poop or two they can pee. You'll need to first determine what has changed in the home. Is there a new animal, did an animal die recently, did a new person come to live there or did a person recently leave? All this can affect the dog.

Once you understand the change is when you can start to fix the problem. You'll need to retrain the dog to go outside all over again. That means just before the dog goes in the kennel for the night you must take him out for a walk.

I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier who is crate trained. Just recently he has been having accidents in his crate. I normally leave him out of his crate on my days off and he has no accidents in the house.

The moment I leave him in his crate for even an hour he poops and pees. I just don't get it.

Answers

It could either be a physical issue, which should be diagnosed by the vet, or some big change has happened, like a new baby or a move. If it is emotional, you will have to start training from scratch again.

Boston Terriers can have trouble with their urinary tract issues, so a vet is a good thing

but it sounds like he is somewhat rejecting the crate training. Is it possible that you could avoid the crate training and put him outside? If he's doing well about not going in the house, then maybe it's time to change the training methodology

Hi,

I found this adorable article about crate training. Here is the link:

bostonterriernetwork.com/.../221-221-crate-training-puppies-a...

I would also suggest that the puppy is having anxiety because his schedule differs from day to day. I would keep the schedule the same from day to day.

Also, is the food you are feeding the dog corn-based? Corn makes lots of stools and gives little nutrition.

I hope this helps!

Blessings,

Robyn

Pets Dogs House TrainingMarch 15, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃