House Trained Dog Pooping Inside

It is frustrating and confusing when your house trained dog backslides. This is a guide about what to do when a previously house broken dog has started pooping in the house.

I have a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix who is 5 years old. She is trained to go to the bathroom outside, but recently has been continuously going to the washroom inside on the carpets. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or if she's mad at something and that's why she keeps doing it, but it's really frustrating. Even after bringing her outside, she'll come inside and poop on the rug right away. I'm not sure what to do!

We rescued an 8 year old Chihuahua mix. She's been with us 3 weeks. She was outdoor potty and piddle pad trained by the foster mom. She never has an accident peeing, but a couple of times now she's pooped in the house. If she can't get out she uses the piddle pad to pee, but only once has she used the pad to poop. We get her outside often during the day. I'm a little concerned how do I reinforce her to either poop outside or use the pad?

By Louise M.

Answers

Best Answer

Scoop up her poop and place it in the area of garden that you would like her to go - leave it there for a while - each time you take her out put her face near the poop to get the scent. After meals is a common time to poop , usually within 1/2 hr with my dog or during exercise.

Never physically punish the wee one as this may already of happened to it and she may fear you. By the look of this wee dog it will be well worth the trouble to keep her - it is adorable & will return the love you give it 10 fold.
Best wishes

My almost three year old Boxer mix has been housetrained for the last two and a half years with no problems; until now. Over the summer, I let her out to potty, and she happened upon a cat in the shed. Of course, she chased it all over and ran it out of her territory, like every other instance a cat was in the yard. But, this time the cat who was guarding kittens, fought back, and they ended up in quite the tangle before I got them to stop it.

Since then, every time I let her out, she goes straight to the shed instead of doing her business. (No new household members, no medical problems, no moves or anything to stress her.) When I have taken her out, I've leashed her, chained her, tried to reward her with treats, stood with her, everything, but still, she only looks for cats. It's like she has the taste of blood now and that's all she wants. She's also become quite aggressive to other animals, even more so than before. I have no way to keep cats away, but I'm running out of ideas to make her stop.

It doesn't happen during the day much, but every night she potties on the kitchen floor. She knows it's wrong and hides and ducks her head and tail when she knows I am going to see it. I take her out 5+ times a day so she has ample opportunities. I don't have enough space for her to be crated since it has to be such a huge area, and she just jumped over or knocked down the baby gates. I don't want to give up on her because she is a great dog otherwise, but my landlord is going to make me "get rid" of her. I am not in a financial position to move so she has to stop. Any ideas?

I've been told to push her face into her mess and tell her no, then take her outside. That seems cruel to me. I don't want to lose her. She's a member of our family and we love her dearly.

By Ree

Answers

NEVER force a dog's face into their waste! Please. Whoever gave you that advice is wrong. Perhaps well meaning, but so wrong about that! Particularly with a Boxer. Read on...

First of all, she may be ill, injured, or at a normal stage for her breed. What is she mixed with?

Is she spayed? If no, it's very likely that she should be because she is at precisely the age a female Boxer really matures (until now she's been the quintessential overgrown puppy) and housebroken unspayed female Boxers (even a mix) will start having hormone driven accidents.

Has she had a litter (or more than one)? Again, she is at the age that former good housebreaking behaviours will be hard for her to keep as the act of carrying and delivering a litter has the affect of weakening a Boxer's bladder and urethra.

She needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. If she's spayed and never had a litter, she probably has a urinary tract infection and cannot control her functions. If you are on a tight budget, try calling around to vets to see if you can work something out, or call around to the animal charities to see if they can point you towards a low-cost vet clinic.

But she doesn't need to be punished for her accidents. Boxers especially are sensitive in addition to highly intelligent, and if you punish her she will begin to resent you.

Now, about her heightened aggressiveness. Boxers (and Boxer mixes) are great dogs (I used to raise AKC registered Boxers when I lived in the US) but they can be territorial especially after an event like her adventure with the cat.

Perhaps the best thing for you to do is take her out on the leash and straight to the scene of the fight. Let her sniff to her heart's content-sooner rather than later she will remember why she's outside (to eliminate) and get down to business. Make it a habit to let her 'patrol' her territory on her leash/lead before she's expected to go about eliminating outside (where it belongs), it's going to make the whole 'going outside' thing more productive and pleasant for both of you.

Re her behaviour towards other animals, yes, this is going to be her norm going forward so you will have to restrain her with leads and possibly a muzzle. There are inexpensive, gentle restraints available, the Halti being one of the best.

You need to understand that she will always be a bit of a handful now. So you also need to decide if your home is the best place for her. If you decide that it is, you will need to always have her on a lead when out and about, strongly consider using a muzzle, and be willing to spend extra time training her. There are several really good books available at your local library on training a working breed dog like the Boxer, and tonnes of info on the Internet.

If you have to rehome her, please, please, please use a Boxer breed rescue group to do so. They have the resources and commitment to find her a new fur-ever home with human companions who understand her mindset.

Please update and let us all know how things roll out.

Good advice from frugalsunnie. I would just add that an overnight crate for your dog just needs to be big enough for her to stand up turn around and lay down comfortably. It shouldnt be too expensive and if it means you can keep your dog, probably worth it.

If she is not spayed, you will find it makes a difference in her aggressive drive; but the new muzzles are humane and the dog gets used to then quickly; a lot like a collar and leash. Spaying her will not make her safe to be around other animals without a muzzle. and it is very important that you do not chain the dog outside by herself. An assertive, intelligent working dog cannot handle it mentally; and may become more aggressive.

You sound like a thoughtful person who is concerned about her dogs welfare. Good luck to you both. And frugalsunnie was right about the boxer rescue; they are the way to go.

Please take your girl to your Veterinarian to be de-sexed. And with no disrespect the person who told you to "rub her face in her mess" is an idiot. Good luck.

My brother has luck with putting disposable baby diapers on his dogs, he said they do urinate in the diaper but won't do the other. Maybe your dog would take to the disposable pee pee pads.

I have a 12 month old Cocker Spaniel cross. She was rescued from a puppy farm and while she is lovely, she has been hard work to house train. On the whole she is good and we keep our back door open to give her easy access to the garden where she will pee and poo, though occasionally she will poop in our sitting room on our rug. We are at a loss to understand how to fix this and any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

It's possible she keeps smelling the spot. It's hard to get rid of the smell because a cocker spaniel's sense of smell is 40 times more powerful than a human's.

My boyfriend just rescued an 8 year old Shih Tzu from someone we know. They took the dog from someone that was going to put her down. He has only had her for a week. She will pee outside, but has pooped in the house twice. She is also not eating her dry food.

I talked to the people who had her before him, and they said she would eat just about anything. I was thinking that maybe she is just being picky, or that it is her new environment. I tried mixing the dry food with the wet. She will pick out the wet and eat it. After a while when the dry food was in the liquid of the wet food, she did eat some of it.

I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips or tricks? Thanks in advance!

By Brandi

Answers

Best Answer

My sister's poodle would only eat wet food or dry food that had sat in water. She took it to the vet and found out the dog had infected teeth. Maybe that's why your dog will only eat the wet food. I would have her teeth checked.

I have a Sheltie that is about 11 months old and she is going poop in the house after I have taken her out. Sometimes she is out a long time, but won't go! She has been potty trained for a while! I work night shift and I am going through a divorce. Could she be stressing herself? If so what do I do? She is a very playful puppy and we all play with her! How do I take care of this problem?

By Linny from Park Hills, MO

Answers

Most of the time, when an animal is house broken, and then begins urinating or defecating in the house, it is an indication that they are desperate need of attention. With you working the night shift, and going through the divorce, she may feel like she is on the back burner. In the urination aspect of it, it could be a Urinary tract infection. I also found that if I minimize the amount of water that my dog consumes overnight, as well as his food intake, he is less likely to go in the house. I usually leave food out all day and night, along with water to allow my dogs to munch, and eat/drink at their leisure. When my animals began urinating and defecating in the house, I would take their water level down to about 1 1/2 cups overnight, and take their food down to about 1/4 of a cup.

Some animals get "bored" when their owners are sleeping, and are up & down all night, eating and drinking. When I moved into my new place, my animals knew that it was absolutely against the law to go in the house! I adopted a cat from my local shelter, and the pooping and peeing began. I corrected them, even locked them in my bedroom with me, or blocked them off from certain rooms, and it has stopped. The animal will not look you dead in your face and poop on the floor. They are waiting for the first chance when they are alone, and they will do it. You need to make sure that you correct them! Do not hit them, but you need some sort of way to tell them that it is not acceptable. Smaller dogs are very hard to potty train, and when it finally happens, they do forget sometimes, and need some reassuring.
Another alternative is the new indoor "grass" pad. It is elevated enough of the floor and has a urine run off storage container underneath. This can be used overnight, or when you are at work or out of the home for the day so that you can minimize the cleaning products that you purchase! Good Luck!

You can get a product called (Off) they are dog pads. If you watch where you buy them they are reasonable. I have a 5 year old Pekingnese. I use them. He always goes to them. Also watch coupon websites for help on paying for them.

I have two male Boxers that are very territorial. We got a new dog about 3 years ago, everything was fine until he hit puberty and that's when the problems started. The Boxers had been potty trained for 4 years, they started marking territory and fighting so badly that we eventually decided to give the new dog to a different family. Since then we have moved and it has only gotten worse. They pee on the bed if you leave the door open. They were left for 30 minutes with the back door open and they peed right next to the open back door. I'm pretty sure they are mad that I'm leaving, but the peeing everywhere has got to stop. I was thinking about going back to kennel training like when they were puppies, but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do. What do you guys think?

By Jade S.

Several times this month my 1 year old Boxer has started pooping in the house. She poops 15 feet from the door. She was trained to ring the bell to go outside. She has been trained since 4 months of age.
What should I do?

By Donna from Colorado Springs

Answers

I am sending a link about housetraining boxers:
http://www.ehow  train-boxer.html

Then, of course, any behavior changes involve needing to go to the vet if they are different than usual.

After you get a clean bill of health from the vet, then I would look at the food and the type of feeding you have set up.

Are you feeding food full of fillers like corn and by products? Most of these foods are worthless and all they do is make poop.

I would go and up the quality of dog food. I would go with diamond foods or 4 health foods, or any of the other dog foods that have no by products wheat or soy.

You won't find this from your vet as they don't really know about this kind of thing unless they have studied dog nutrition.

Are you feeding free choice? This means your dogs guts are always full. I do this too, but I also let them out any time of the day or night.

Hope that any of this helps, Blessings,

I love boxers!
Robyn

There could be many things causing this change in behavior. Sometinmes dogs get scared by something outside, that you may not even notice. Sometimes they just dont want to go out in the rain. I would be sure to see a Vet. and then begin a retraining plan.

My year old Havenese has been potty trained for a month now and she just today pooped in front of the house door. Every time I bring her out she sometimes won't go. I was getting dressed when she had to go and I don't want to punish her. Do I still say that she is fully potty trained? Or start all over again. Help please!

By Amber T.

Answers

The occasional accident can't be helped - as you say she did it by the door so no doubt she had attempted to get out. Just keep up the regular practise of letting her out often.

I think that we'd need more information..such as....Is she spayed? If so, how long ago? The changing of hormones could influence her. Has anything in the household changed? Have you changed feeding times?

I've fed my 3 dogs in the evening around 6pm. That way their digestive system is ready to empty the next day. Try to have only one feeding time. If you feed her treats throughout the day, her digestive system will always want to empty. Animals are the same as humans. When we eat dinner, we go the next day. Thank you for not punishing her. She didn't do it on purpose. I strongly believe that she'd rather do her business outside.

P.S You posted an adorable picture. The love that you give her, she'll give you much more in return.

We have a 5 year old American Cocker Spaniel, she was crate trained at 6 months to pee and poo in the guest toilet. Recently she has been pooping all over the house mostly right in front of us and sometimes with guests around. This is very confusing since she still pees in the right place. We changed her food a couple of weeks ago, could this be a reason? Any advise?

By Taniya

Answers

Best Answer

Dogs like a regular routine, If you feed them the same time every morning and no snacks between and go with them to toilet for a few weeks they will know what you expect. Have patience and don't yell if they forget. With consistency your dog should be fine.

Recently, my 3 year old dog has been pooping in the house. He's been house trained since he was 2 months old. He's always really good about going outside. He gets let out regularly, but recently he's been pooping inside. Usually he goes in the living room or kitchen right in the open where we can see it. We've recently had a lot of rain, but that's over and it's been sunshine and blue skies. Not even 30 minutes ago he went outside. Peed and pooped, then just pooped on the rug about 10 minutes after he came back inside. He didn't go to the door to be let out, nothing. We haven't had a baby, we haven't moved, there haven't been any big changes in his diet (all solid poops, no diarrhea). When I scold him, I don't hit him or anything. I just show him what he did and in a stern voice ask "What did you do?", never call him bad or anything. Why is he doing this out of nowhere and how can I get him to stop? He's a neutered male Pit Bull Dachshund mix.

My Chihuahua Yorkie breed is trained to go outside, but he continues to poop on the beds in the house. It's not just one, it's all three beds that I have. Also his hair is falling out by his bum area, but it feels as if it was shaved but it wasn't.

I have a 2 and a half year old male Staffy. He was house trained from a pup and was doing fine, but I'd say for the last 6-8 months on and of he has been weeing in the kitchen on the floor and up the walls. I've tried spraying things, tried him on calmeeze tablets which seemed to work for a while. We went away for a week, 2 weeks ago and left him at home in his own environment with a family friend he knows well and since then he wees and poos in the kitchen. He gets let out in a morning till 9 sometimes 11, then my dad lets him out at dinner between 1 and 2.30, then again when we get back from work at 5. He has no bladder problems. I'm beside myself and don't no what to do :-( x

By Hayley L

How do we stop our 6 year old dog from pooping and peeling when left home with our 10 year dog? We have a doggie door that they use.

By Caron

Answers

You never said how long this has been happening and in any case if they have both used the "doggy door" before. I suggest you consult your Veterinarian to see if your Dog has a Bladder problem. Good luck.

I have a Jack Russel who sleeps in the bathroom at night. My parents don't allow dogs in the bedrooms however they do let her inside. She is 7 years old. She is trained to do her business outside as I take her out regularly and tell her to do a wee and stay with her until she does one. It is also routine to go straight before bed. However, occasionally in the mornings we wake up to poo in the bathroom, never pee.

She normally goes into the bathroom around 10pm and is taken out around 6am. I normally feed her dry food in the mornings before 10am. How can I stop her from pooping in the bathroom? I thought this was just a puppy phase and she needed to get used to controlling her bladder and sleeping in the bathroom, but she's an adult now and still continues this habit.

I was wondering why that my older dog is starting to potty in the house. She is 14 years old, but this just started like 3 weeks ago. How can I stop this? She is housebroken and has been for years. Can you give suggestions to help? Thank you so much.

By Patricia

Answers

If I were you I would start with a trip to the Vet. It could be any number of physical things. Once that is taken care of you can begin to look for behavioral reasons.

I am having the same problem with my 12 year old and a few years ago I went through it with a 15 year old. It seems that like humans (look at all those ads for Depends), older dogs don't feel the bowel movement coming on until it is too late. I have solved the problem by taking her out more often or leaving her in the yard for a half hour or so. My husband does the 6AM outing and I do the 11 PM. So far it has helped. We do still have an occasional accident. She is so embarassed when it happens (usually when she is asleep). She wakes up and can't get away from it fast enough. Her ears go down flat and she looks away. I feel so bad for her.

I would think anytime a dog that age has a problem could be anything Please take Dr. ease your & your dog's mind. Cookie17

I agree with Lizzyanny you should take the dog to a vet to be checked. I can't imagine how embarrassed that poor dog is when this happens. Please don't scold or punish your dog when this happens. She might have cancer or something else but you won't know until you take her to the vets.

I once adopted a dog and the third night she was with me she wet the carpeting. I was so mad at her I hollered at her. But then it happened - She started to cry - tears were streaming down her face. I never knew a dog could cry and I've had a lot of them. I felt so bad that I had hurt her feelings that I broke down and cried too and promised never again to scream at her. She was one of the best dogs I ever had God rest her soul.

Why has my mini Dachshund forgotten she is house trained? She was trained to use puppy pads or to go outside in our pen. I had to be in the hospital for 5 days and my husband took care of the dogs. He said they had several accidents in the house while I was away. We have two female mini Dachshunds. Once one of them started pooping in the house and then the other did. They are driving me crazy because I started even going outside in the pen with them and staying for 10 to 15 minutes outside with them. The first thing in the mornings they do their business outside, but in the afternoon then they will poop in the house. They do go pee on the puppy pad, but poop in the living room on the carpet. What am I doing wrong?

My 6 yr old hound mix has started pooping in a line both inside and out, but even more troubling is that he is pooping at random in house in no particular order. He is very perky and has a dog door. But even on walks he has to poop a bit then the remainder falls out while walking. He had his anal glands expelled and a lower back X-ray with no abnormalities. But he seems unable to get to dog door any more in time to poop. Ideas welcome. He does not struggle to squat, either.

My 6 month old Chiweenie puppy is trained to go on pad or go outside to potty every time. I put a rug in the bathroom for my shower and he goes on it. He doesn't go on the living room, kitchen, or rug by my bed that he sits on when I'm cooking. He is not allowed to come in kitchen when I'm cooking. Last night he pooped on top of my comforter. He sleeps under the covers on the bed; he is spoiled rotten lol. Help please.

At this point I'm really not sure what to do. I have a 10 year old pure bred Pug named Cookie. She's trained to do her daily business inside my home on newspaper, due to Pugs having problems with heat that could possibly cause a heat stroke in a very short matter of time.

She's been wonderful doing so since we started training about 2 months after she was born. But recently, she just started pooping and peeing anywhere in the house. Could it possibly be depression? We had another pet Muffin, a Pekingese/Pug mix who has recently passed away going on three months June 11th 2016 due to old age. She was almost 13 years old. They were very, very close. Muffin was 3 years old when we brought Cookie home, and they were inseparable ever since. And once Muffin passed away she became slightly distant, and it just seems like she may of given up on life all together. She's not herself, the baby girl I know. She seems so miserable, and my heart is breaking for her. I don't know if it could be depression, or possibly an illness. I wanted to see if anyone would possibly know what could be happening, before I take her to the vet. I'm not ready for more bad news with my other baby. Please help me.

We got our 3 year old Rat Terrier rescue during the summer when our back door was always open, and he pooped and peed in the yard like a champ. Now that it's rainy and cold, he's pooping in the house and damaging the carpet. It's unacceptable. This is Seattle, it rains all the time. He is put outside to go plenty of times during the day, for long periods of time, especially after eating. I don't know what to do with him. Do I need to keep him kenneled any time he's in the house?

My boyfriend moved in with me and my dog 3 weeks ago. Zoe is completely house broken and has been since she was 3 months old. She is now 20 months. When Rick comes home she quickly changes and tucks her tail almost like she is scared and drops poop. Rick has never done anything wrong in fact he hasn't even touched her, she won't allow it. She is not aggressive towards him, but appears scared and drops poop, while starring him down and staying away. Why?

I have a 9 year old wire-haired Dachshund that was successfully potty trained as a puppy and has not had any issues with that until recently. Last summer she started to behave strangely until in September she completely lost her eyesight and was diagnosed with SARDS.

After this the problems started. She has somewhat learned to move around the house again independently and has gained a lot of activeness back, but she has also started doing her business in the house when we are at work or during nighttime. We take her out in the morning before work and right after getting back and she eats one meal a day around 6pm. Then she gets out once or twice in the evening, at least right before we go to bed. She doesn't ask to be taken outside at all anymore like she used to before. Recently she has pooped inside a couple of times even when we are home. She doesn't seem to have trouble pooping and the poop looks normal to me. There have been no notable dietary changes either.

I'm out of ideas what to do with her and my husband is starting to get fed up with this and wants to get rid of the dog. Any tips or guesses what could be wrong would be really helpful!

By Hanna from Finland

My 2 year old pup was house broken. She was trained with bells and everything. Now she is pooping and peeing in the corner 1 foot from the door almost every day. How can I make this madness stop? I'm about ready to get rid of her. I'm loosing my marbles here. I got so mad this morning, 6:45 and I'm steam cleaning the carpet. I have had it! I work hard, come home, and have to do more work. It has to stop.

By Tyson R.

I have a 17 year old Chow Chow/sheltie. She's started pooping in the house sometimes. She is stiff when walking around, joint supplements in her food have helped that and she is no longer in need of anti-inflammatories. She doesn't squat great, but has some better days than others. It isn't during bad weather. She doesn't pee inside. It isn't diarrhea or loose stool. Sometimes it's really hard, other times it is normal.

We have a doggie door for our dogs that is open night and day, and she uses it all the time. She knows that it is wrong. She will go outside 5 times within an hour, walking around the house, in/out over and over, and then poop on the floor next to us at the computer. She'll be half squatting with her tail up and just start going as she's walking around the house. Sometimes it is on carpet, sometimes it is on the linoleum.

I've tried making her go outside every time she wakes up. She's a happy, loving dog and isn't in pain other than a bit stiff when getting up (so am I, but you're not putting me down either.) She still plays and trots around a lot.

I mentioned it to the vet the last couple of times she was there and they just said "she's old and is starting to lose her ability to know when she needs to go". She doesn't pee inside though. The only other time she has accidents is when she goes to the vet. It does scare the poop right out of her and that is just nerves.

We have one other dog that she's lived with for 10 years. They have never fought over food, toys, or territory. They're both spayed.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

By Cassee

My 3 year old trained Maltese has started to do #2 if I leave her alone to go on an appointment. I'm not gone for more than an hour. I make sure she has been outside in the morning to do her necessities. When I return, I see the "gift" she has left me. It seems she is trying to get back at me. I'm very frustrated because she has never done this before!

By Lily F

Answers

Your Maltese 'is training you'. Buy a small kennel to place her in while you're away. You'll be happy knowing that the 'gift' won't be in the house and she'll feel secure in her habitat. If the 'gift' is in the kennel, a quick rinse with the garden hose will suffice.

I don't leave the dogs in the house when I go out. I made a large pen for them in the garage - little beds, toys food & water available. They are secured in there with latches so they can't escape. I have newspaper on the floor - if they must go urgently then they go on the paper. I also give them the opportunity to go to the toilet by taking them outside just before I leave. Good luck

PS. I made the pen with 4 large pieces of wooden garden lattice from the hardware store which are hinged together on 3 sides - leaving a gate effect. I then lined the lattice with plywood - stapled it on with housing staple gun to prevent the dogs climbing the lattice. Then I put gate latch's on to keep the gate end closed. Works great.

My 6 year old Maltese is potty trained and has started pooping on the floor at any given time. We are a busy family, but nothing has recently changed. There is no certain time that this problem takes place. Can anyone help?

By SWS

Answers

Maybe your dog feels like it is not getting enough attention. Have everyone share their time a little more each day. Also, take the dog out more often, especially right after eating. Try to make it be a good walk with the person taking it out, for a little special one on one time for your dog. Good luck!

If it keeps up, be sure and take her to the vet and rule out a physical condition. She may have developed a problem with her digestive system or can't control her functions anymore.

I wish I knew I have a 7 year old Maltese that is doing the same thing as yours. I have had him for 6 years and he has never done this before. I take him outside to the fenced yard and refuses to go. I am ready to scream. If you find a solution please let me know.

I have a 1 year old puppy. We can take outside and she'll go potty, but once we bring her in the house she still goes to her corner where her puppy pad used to be about 20 minutes later and still pees and poops over there. She also does this at night while we're sleeping or if she's unattended by just leaving the room for a few minutes.

We are constantly catching her and telling her no and immediately taking her back outside, but she still isn't learning not to potty in the house. And if we let her outside by herself on her chain she won't go potty unless we go out with her, we also have her mother who she constantly follows and nips at and whines if she's separated from her. Her attention span is also like a squirrel could this be part of her problem?

I boarded my almost 2 year old dog a couple weeks ago for a week. Now she is pooping in the house. I take her out every morning and make sure she pees and poops. I go to work I come home for lunch and to take her out and she has pooped on the floor. I am only gone 4 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the afternoon. Her stool is not loose, no diet changes, she went to the vet the week before boarding, and does not have parasites. I had blood work done and everything was perfect. I have to believe she is mad at me for boarding her and is getting her revenge. She has even pooped on the couch; twice.
How do I get her to stop? I have started crating her again like I did as a puppy.

I have got a lovely natured GSD. She has never been any problem with peeing and pooing in the house. I took her in as a rescue dog at 8 months and she is now nearly 7 years old. She was restless tonight telling me she wanted to go out all the time by going to the front door. So I got up a number of times to let her out, but it was raining outside and she would go out, but come back in within seconds.

After 7 times letting her out I came back into the living room and she went out to the kitchen and emptied her bowels after having 7 chances to go out. I don't know if it was because it was raining, but I have not had this problem with her before. Can anybody help? Why she would do this is very strange for her unless she could hear thunder in the air that I could not hear as their hearing is a lot more powerful than ours.

I have a 3 year old male Shih Tzu that has started popping in the floor everyday, most of the time in the mornings. I need any advice on how to get him to stop. We have not had any changes. Please help!

Load More