Dog Poops in the House at Night

My dog is potty-trained and does really good, the only thing is when I take him out right before we retire for the night, he simply will not poop, no matter how long we sit out there or how many times I take him out to try. Then, in the morning, I'll find poop on the carpet. How do I fix this problem? What can I do? Thank you!

By Stacey Silva from Eagle Mountain, UT

Best Answer

You could regulate feeding time earlier in the day, so the dog can empty before the end of the day OR take the dog on a long walk of an evening. This helps to get things moving and the dog may well empty before your journey has ended. We take our dogs around our field and they love the evening walk and do all their business before going back into the house for the night. Good luck.

You have to put him in a cage at night. he won't go where he sleeps. once his bowels become trained to hold it overnight, you can let him sleep without the cage. keep it in your room so he won't feel punished. leave the cage door open during day so he knows this is his room.

Pets Dogs House TrainingJuly 19, 2011
🎃
🌻
🎂