Dog in Heat Peeing Inside

It is frustrating when a house trained dog who is having her cycle starts peeing inside. This is a page about dog in heat peeing inside.

My Shih Tzu is 8 months old and is in heat. She has always used a pee pad until the last few days where we find her peeing wherever she wants. We do not startle her while she is doing this, but firmly say "No" and take her to her pad. What is odd is she still poos on the pad. I don't know if this is related to her being in heat or what. She will be fixed after her cycle.
Please help.

By tina

Answers

Get little boy underwear and put in a pantyliner, then put the underpants on the dog backwards with the tail going through the opening and then you just have to change the pantyliners.

Have you considered having her de-sexed before she came into her first cycle.? Are you a registered breeder and have litters planned for her? Talk to your Veterinarian about the number of times during a normal life-time she will be "on heat". Hope this helps you but more importantly her.

My mini Dixie just turned one year old. She is spayed and is doing the same thing. We are so puzzled also.

It's called getting a dog spayed not de-sexed. You can't "de-sex" a dog! Fixed females actually leak more that intacte females btw.

It looks like "desexed" is a common term in the industry. It just means spayed or neutered (castrated). Here is an article by Purina about the process.

www.purina.com.au/.../desexing

Oh for Christs sake, this person needs advice, not an effing lecture.

Lol! I was thinking the same!! Jeez!

This is really not a useful answer. The question clearly states the dog is already in her first season, and that she will be spayed after her first season so your points are totally irrelevant to the question being asked.

As for the actual question itself, my dog is also just now in her first (and only) season, and is peeing in the house despite being trained for 8 months now. So glad to hear that it seems to be normal'.

Not all registered breeders are good breeders and not all unregistered breeders are bad breeders. I am not a registered breeder and my Aussie gave birth to 7 beautiful babies. I had her and the stud genetically tested beforehand, raised them in home, had them wormed every other week, they received their vaccination and health certificates.

Aside from that rant, my female is in her third heat cycle (the first cycle after her litter) I came home to find she had peed in her diaper. Her temperature and discharge are normal so I dont suspect pyo. Is she just trying to attract males? Animals will often pee so males can smell their hormones and there is an unneutered puppy in the house (he is 3 months and cant impregnate her)

My dog just turned 3 and is in heat, but recently she started to wet the bed which has never happened while in heat. Does anyone have any answers as to why?

Answers

I would contact the vet and have her checked for possible urinary tract infections.

Have your dog evaluated by a Vet for pyometra. It is fairly common in unspayed dogs. It is an infection of the uterus.

One of the symptoms is increased thirst and urination. It can make a dog very sick and is life threatening. You need to see a Vet right away.

I would have her checked her for a UTI then spayed to decrease her chances of breast & uterus cancers. This will help her to live longer as well.

You know, this stuff about getting your dog fixed being "healthy" for them...
Removing the sex organs obviously would keep your dog from getting any cancers related to the sex organs. But cancers like lymphoma and other major cancers are actually at a greater risk of happening after getting your dog fixed. Plus, getting them fixed too early can lead to problems with hormone imbalances. Stop believing everything you're told and do your own research. Getting your dog fixed too soon can do more damage than good!

If you are going to choose to get your dog fixed, wait until after their first heat at the very least, so they are sexually mature, their bodies having all the hormones needed to reach puberty and adulthood. You know dogs must be the ONLY animal on the planet who cannot be sexually whole without all these "health problems"!! Funny huh? Maybe it has something to do with all the irresponsible people out there who can't keep their intact dogs... Responsibly? Let's not let them ruin doggy health!

I have a female 10 month old Lab/Beagle mix. She has been house trained since she was 4 months old, with no accidents. She went into her first heat about a week and a half ago, and the last 4 or 5 nights she has been peeing on the bedroom floor while we sleep. She never tries to wake us up to go outside, just does her business on the floor and we find it in the morning. Is this a normal behavior for a dog in heat? (I plan to get her spayed after she is out of heat and her body goes back to normal)

By Amanda

Answers

They can have different behaviors when in heat. This can be common. You need to either kennel her or if she leaves them on, diaper her.

The urine smells much stronger during this time. You might want to diaper her.

My dog has been house trained for a while. She came into her first heat about two weeks ago; she just started peeing in the house and outside. She is peeing a lot, everywhere.

By Kayla from Englehart

Answers

Have your dog see a vet maybe it has urinary tract infection. In the meantime, put a doggie pantie on it and pad it extra thick to hold urine. Change it throughout the day. You can buy a bag of cheap baby diapers and cut a hole to fit tail and that works too unless the dog wants to fight about it and pulls it off. It's worth a try and it's a cheap problem solution to a temporary situation.

Pets Dogs House TrainingDecember 20, 2016
🎃