Dog in Heat Peeing in House?

My Shih Tzu is 8 months old and is in heat. She has always used a pee pad until the last few days where we find her peeing wherever she wants. We do not startle her while she is doing this, but firmly say "No" and take her to her pad. What is odd is she still poos on the pad. I don't know if this is related to her being in heat or what. She will be fixed after her cycle.

Please help.

By tina

Get little boy underwear and put in a pantyliner, then put the underpants on the dog backwards with the tail going through the opening and then you just have to change the pantyliners.

Have you considered having her de-sexed before she came into her first cycle.? Are you a registered breeder and have litters planned for her? Talk to your Veterinarian about the number of times during a normal life-time she will be "on heat". Hope this helps you but more importantly her.

It's called getting a dog spayed not de-sexed. You can't "de-sex" a dog! Fixed females actually leak more that intacte females btw.

It looks like "desexed" is a common term in the industry. It just means spayed or neutered (castrated). Here is an article by Purina about the process.

www.purina.com.au/.../desexing

Oh for Christs sake, this person needs advice, not an effing lecture.

Lol! I was thinking the same!! Jeez!

This is really not a useful answer. The question clearly states the dog is already in her first season, and that she will be spayed after her first season so your points are totally irrelevant to the question being asked.

As for the actual question itself, my dog is also just now in her first (and only) season, and is peeing in the house despite being trained for 8 months now. So glad to hear that it seems to be normal'.

Not all registered breeders are good breeders and not all unregistered breeders are bad breeders. I am not a registered breeder and my Aussie gave birth to 7 beautiful babies. I had her and the stud genetically tested beforehand, raised them in home, had them wormed every other week, they received their vaccination and health certificates.

Aside from that rant, my female is in her third heat cycle (the first cycle after her litter) I came home to find she had peed in her diaper. Her temperature and discharge are normal so I dont suspect pyo. Is she just trying to attract males? Animals will often pee so males can smell their hormones and there is an unneutered puppy in the house (he is 3 months and cant impregnate her)

How does scolding the owner on how they SHOULD have spayed their dog earlier, help them with their current predicament? If you're here to judge instead of help, then go spread your toxic attitude somewhere else.

My Chihuahua is doing the same; when she is in heat, she begins to pee inside. This started after I took home a male Doberman and they are quite the odd couple. My female is usually very good at doing all potty activities outside otherwise.

When she is in heat now, I take out her old crate, which she seems to like and it also solves her need to mark her territory (I think that is what she is doing). Good luck! :)

My mini Dixie just turned one year old. She is spayed and is doing the same thing. We are so puzzled also.

Pets Dogs House TrainingAugust 25, 2012
🌻
😷
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-in-Heat-Peeing-in-House.html