Dog Pooping in My Bed

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Close up image at face level of a yellow labrador retriever laying on it's back on a bed with blue sheetsI have a 8 year old Chihuahua that has just started pooping in my bed at night. It is as if she sleeps so soundly she doesn't know that she does it. Why is she just now doing this and how do I stop it?

By Sharon

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks
Best Answer

You should consider that her food may not agree with her. Perhaps try a new brand. You could feed her at a different time than you currently do, and be sure to walk her before bed. If this doesn't get the job done, I would see the Vet for a checkup.

Best Answer

I agree with Lizzyanny. When your dog is a puppy, you feed them puppy food, then adult food and now she's older., senior food. Or homemade for sensitive tummies. Lighten up on night time feeding also. Most important, see the vet.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 128 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I find that my dogs go to the toilet not long after their main meal, so I feed them their dinner at 4pm in the afternoon.

Answer this Question

14 More Questions

My adult Chihuahua keeps pooping on my bed. What do I do?

As soon has I leave the room for 5 minutes I come back to pee and poop on my bed. He does that even if he has gone out. I can't take it. What can I do?

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
Best Answer

I understand the pain you are going through and it is horrible when this one happens. I had to break my puppy of this and it was not so easy. When the dog did pee and poop on the bed I moved the cloes to the outside and put the dog there with the soiled clothes. The next morning I would put an extra sheet over the top of my bed and spray the sheet with pure vinegar mixed with some lime juice.

The dog hates this smell and they do not pee or poop around it. It took me a few days to break the dog but it did work. Moving the soiled clothes outside and putting the dog next to them teaches them that is where they need to go to the toilet and not on your bed. Also keep your bedroom door closed when you are not in the room and if you leave the room make sure the dog is not in the room.

Best Answer

It sounds like your dog may be anxious. Besides daily training things that lower his anxiety may help. Be sure he gets daily exercise. If you enjoy it most dogs love agility training. Otherwise a walk is great. Pay attention to tension in your household. We get used to it but pets can be on edge because of it.

Do what your can to lower it. Make sure your dog has safe chew toys to keep him busy. It is always good to start with a Vet visit to rule out any physical issues. If If these efforts and some careful training dont help you can see your Vet for medicine that lowers anxiety levels.

Answer this Question

I have 3 dogs. Two I've had for four years, and one I've had for 11 years. My neutered dog has never relieved himself in the house in the 4 years I've had him. Friday when I came home from work and he had peed on my bed. Monday I came home from work, and he had pooped on my bed. Why is this happening and how can I correct it?

By Amy from Berlin Heights, OH

Answers

Dear Amy you might look at something that might have up set your dog. We had a cat that always used the litter box until my son got married his new wife didn't like the cat and threw things at her.

The cat then started peeing on the rug in her bathroom. But when shut out of her area the cat always used the litter box. Cats and dogs can be vengeful.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 168 Feedbacks

The easiest solution is to shut the bedroom door or put a gate across it to keep animals off the bed while you're gone. No fun working all day and then coming home to soiled bedding needing changed and a mattress needing scrubbed.

Have you considered covering your mattress with plastic to keep it from being ruined? Or buy one of those large plastic liner pads and apread over the top of the bed to keep the bed dry and cleaner if you don't like the first option.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 180 Feedbacks

Hello, Please take your baby to his Veterinarian for am exam. There might be a medical issue that is causing this to happen.

I have a 3 year old Belgian Malinois. He has always been perfect when we have left him alone... until about 8 months ago. We left him on Christmas for about 9 hours. We came home to a pile of poo on our bed. Today, we left him only for 3 hours - same thing... a big pile of poo. I think it is both revenge poo and separation anxiety poo...whatever it is, it is very, very annoying and disconcerting. We come home from the car show, only to have my wife have to put new bedding on, etc. What we are going to do from now on is leave him in his crate. Period...we have never had to do with this a dog.

He likes his crate, however...it's never been a "punishment" thing. In fact, he goes in it on his own a lot. He slept in until he was a year and a half because we had a 20 year old cat- and, although he would never hurt her, he was too young, active and rambunctious to leave him out with her at night. Our only other option is to block him out of our bedroom and see if he will poo somewhere else when we leave him. If he does, in the crate he will go. SMH.. it's sad, cause he does not destroy anything when he is left alone, but this behavior is not acceptable!

I have a 5 year old boxer. We crate him and he breaks out. I know this sounds crazy but we latched 2 latches put a lock on there and 3 zip ties and within 2 hours he was out and covered in blood from hurting himself getting out. We also shut the door in the room he was in and he ate completely through the door and we crate him cause he poops in the beds every chance he gets. He drives me insane I have 4 kids so he gets all the attention he could want. I'm ready to get rid of him but I know there isn't anyone else that would put up with it.

We fence our hole back yard in and he jumps the fence. It's super high so he runs climbs half way up and jumps it. We put a collar and tie cord on him to run so he ate thru it. We tried a shock collar thing for around the yard turned on high and he ran through it anyways. We put him outside and within a small.amount of time he ate through the hold back door getring inside.

One day he ate through the front door and when we came home he was standing in the road he had ate the door and got the screen door open. He is a all white blue eyed full blooded boxer. Do boxer act out like this. He listens better than the kids do we say lay down he will. Stay he will. Speak stop and whatever else but the minute we are gone or asleep it's all over. We love him and want to keep him but are at our whits end with him. What else to do any help would be great?

I have a 2 1/2 year old Morky. She is trained to go on a wee wee pad because she is allergic to grass. All of a sudden she has been pooping on my bed and her own bed for the last 3 days. She's never alone because I'm disabled and I take her everywhere with me. She is an emotional support dog. Can anyone help me to why this is happening? She went to the groomer last week. She was fine before that. Please help.

Thank you.

My dog has pooped in my husband's bed for two days in a row after he leaves to go to work. I currently sleep in the nursery with our son so I don't realize he's done it until I get up to take him out in the morning. My husband works graveyard shift and our dog normally sleeps through the night and goes to the bathroom in the morning. It's been the same way for a while now and it has been working. Well yesterday and today he has pooped in my husband's bed. He has never done this before so I'm lost. He's 12 years old so he knows better!

Our son is 14 months old so he's not new to him, but I'm starting to get the feeling our dog is upset about something. Our baby has been getting a lot of attention lately because of his age and milestones he's reaching. The dog doesn't seem happy about it.

My tea cup Yorkie started pooping on my bed 3 days ago. She has never done that. Why would she start now?

I have a Lab she is 7. I have a big yard that she runs in. She gets walks every day and is house trained, but when I leave she poops on my bed. She didn't do it before, but she is now. I have tried putting her in a cage. but she get breaks out no matter what I do to it. I still come home to the same thing. I don't have a door on my room and I have tried putting a gate up, but it doesn't help she just jumps over it.

Some times I do tie her outside, but if it's raining, snowing, or it's hot or cold out I don't want her to be out in it. I have even tried to put her in a room with a door, but that also doesn't work. She just breaks the door. I'm not sure what else to do.

Dog Pooping on Owner's Bed When Left Alone

Answers

This sounds like a severe separation anxiety. Here are some links.
dogtime.com/.../36-separation-anxiety
pets.webmd.com/.../separation-anxiety-dogs

I want to no how to get my 2 month old puppy to stop poopin in my bed she has just started doing this three times now right in the middle of bed and she pee's in house in random spots threw out house but she has been good with poopin outside until now what do I do that works that works and I want to have a answer that makes sense not this crap like I should treat it like a child it is a dog what do I do

Answer this Question

My wife and I sleep with the mattress on the floor at night. We have two separate single size mattresses combined (while waiting for our new home). My 4 month old Shih Tzu is potty trained. She pooped in her cage in the room or the pee pad, but recently, she started pooping on my wife's bed.

The moment I changed the bedsheet, she peed on it. Just this morning, I woke up in horror to see my wife covered in Pancake's poop, still sound asleep. She only does that on my wife's mattress and not mine. I don't think it's my food supply because I haven't change it for a while. Her cage is opened for her to do her business all the time, ever since she was potty trained, but why now? Any advice? Is it because she can't hold her bowels because she is only 4 months old? But she only did it wrongly on my wife's bed and not else where. When the mattress is lifted up, she will pee and poo in the cage. I need help here!

I have a Chihuahua, I have had him since he was a puppy, about 3 years now. I take him out to every morning and the kids take him out in the afternoon then I do it again at night. No matter how many times a day he goes out, if we leave a door open he will immediately jump on the bed and pee or poop.

It doesn't matter whose bed it is or what time it is. He could just be coming in from outside and will still do this. Any advise as to why or how can I stop it. I always keep my door closed, but my kids may not always remember to do so.

I have a 6 month old Siberian Husky and today she tried to poop on my bed/me. To start let me say that she had been let out this morning. She went out and went poop and did her usual thing. I was laying in bed with her trying to get motivation to get ready for work while the dog was looking out the window. My dog is pretty well potty trained and will at least start crying if she wants to go out and will often go by the doors to indicate that she wants to leave.

This morning she was making some weird sounds while looking out the window so I got up, took her out and then we went back to lay in bed. While we were laying there she tried to get off the bed, I watched her and then put her back up on the bed when I realized she was trying to chew on my shoes. After that we laid back down and she did her squat poop position on my bed, right by were my head was. She is also crate trained by the way and isn't allowed on the bed unless I am on it with her. This is not the first time that she has poop somewhere that clearly belongs to me (she tired to do this same thing in my lap in the car once).

Answers

Your Husky is claiming you as her person. She saw or smelled another dog that seemed worrisome for some reason.
Huskies are sled dogs and bred to work. They become neurotic and stressed if not exercised enough and also are prone to becoming overweight because they are from very cold places where body fat must be conserved.
To rid your dog of excess stress, walk her every day for at least an hour. This is not too much for a Husky and may be too little. Hire a dog walker if you need to. Huskies are working dogs so get a doggie backpack and put your water in it.
This also helps your dog see and smell her territory and other dogs in it. The more familiar she is with her territory the more confident she will become.

Answer this Question

Why is my dog pooping in my bed? She's a 5 month old Chihuahua. She's litter boxed trained and when it's warm enough to go outside, she will. But, it has been extremely cold out lately, so she hasn't been outside.

Load More

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 17, 2016
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Pooping-in-My-Bed-5.html