Dog Is Pooping in Owner's Bed at Night

I have a 8 year old Chihuahua that has just started pooping in my bed at night. It is as if she sleeps so soundly she doesn't know that she does it. Why is she just now doing this and how do I stop it?

By Sharon

Best Answer

You should consider that her food may not agree with her. Perhaps try a new brand. You could feed her at a different time than you currently do, and be sure to walk her before bed. If this doesn't get the job done, I would see the Vet for a checkup.

Best Answer

I agree with Lizzyanny. When your dog is a puppy, you feed them puppy food, then adult food and now she's older., senior food. Or homemade for sensitive tummies. Lighten up on night time feeding also. Most important, see the vet.

Best Answer

I find that my dogs go to the toilet not long after their main meal, so I feed them their dinner at 4pm in the afternoon.

Your dog may have a sensitive stomach. My grandmother's dog used to do that, and the dog just had IBS.

At eight, your gal is considered a senior citizen. They can become incontinent just like we humans can the older we get.

It could be something as simple as just the aging process, or there could be other things going on there. I'd have the vet give her a look over.