Number Socks to Match

I keep sock pairs matched so they are worn the same number of times, by numbering them when I take them out of a package. Starting with #1 on a pair, after washing simply match up the numbers.

By Herman from Midland, MI

It seems unnecessary to go through the trouble of numbering and matching up the numbers. In 35 plus years of doing laundry, I find that socks wear evenly as long as you don't wear the same pair over and over. I do this by placing the socks in the dresser drawer in such a way as to have the most recently washed in the back. If you take socks from the front, this rotates them just fine.

I safety pin socks together. Keeps my machine from "eating" them and makes sorting MUCH easier. My hubby-to-be has various types of black dress socks that seem to take forever to match up & I've saved time - and sanity by pinning them.

This is for if you decide to let your dog play with the socks. My friend let her dog play with a old rolled up sock. One day she her her dog yelping and the dog wouldn't let her near him when she was able to she notice the dog had string in his mouth she tried to pull it out and the dog began yelping more. She got the dog to her vets office where the dog went in for emergency surgey. It seems like the string of the sock got tangled around the dogs organs. Please find another toy for your dog to play with.

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Organizing ClothingApril 6, 2009
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Making a Sock Quilt
Partially knit sock over a woman's foot with needles in place.
Knitting Socks
painting a dresser
Painting Furniture to Match Your Decor