Podna (Pomeranian)

contest winner icon

Podna is a 10 year old Pomeranian. I got Podna from a friend who is a breeder. He was sold and brought back because the Vet said he had a bad heart murmur and didn't have long to live.

When I was visiting her, she told me what happened to the little cute puppy, I was loving him up then she told me she wish she could find someone to care of him until he passed away. Well, I feel in love with him in a matter of minutes and without thinking I said, "I will take him".

To make a long story short, it's 10 years later and he has been my best friend and companion. He has given me unconditional love and continues to do so. He is a Godsend! He loves to run around my den, he is just too funny when he starts that!

By the way, the name Podna is Cajun French, meaning a male good friend. My nickname Podnette means a female good friend. I thought you might enjoy that bit of info!

By Podnette from Houma, Louisiana

Wow! He's really cute. That's fascinating (and wonderful for you) that they so badly failed on guessing his life span.

I guess he just needed the right home!

Cute little guy!

What a wonderful story! You have really been good for Podna, and I'm sure he has been good for you, too. I rescued a 12 and 1/2 year old dachshund/beagle female whose mistress had died, thinking that she might live another year - well, she'll be 15 in October and is still going strong. Somebody forgot to tell her that she's old! Ha! God bless you and Podna - may you have many more good years together.

He's a beauty. Bless your heart.

Your dog is beautiful! I too, have a Pom. His name is Ruben, and he is 15 years old! He has tumors in his hips, and bad knee, and a heart murmur too. Up until a week or so ago, he was running like crazy. Now, he's having a hard time. He can't see hardly at all. He can't hear very good, either. He's been my best friend for 15 years. He got me through my divorce! And now, I'm remarried and have another dog, Gigi, and she loves him too. Although he isn't crazy about her! LOL

I hope your Pom has a long life like mine has. They are great dogs. I'm struggling with the decision to put him down. Especially now that he isn't running much. It's killing me, but I can't be selfish and allow him to suffer. I just discovered last night he has worms now. I know I need to make a decision soon. I know this sounds harsh, but I wish he'd pass on his own, so I don't have to decide when his life should end. He's been so wonderful all these years.

Since my kids were little, now they are 19 and 18. Here is a pic of him when he was in better health. By the way-Poms tend to have bad teeth, and Ruben was no exception. He has four left, all on the bottom. He can eat dry food, though! This is Ruben after swimming in the lake a few years ago.

I am so happy you took the little Pom and have given him such a happy life. I too have recently acquired a Pom for the first time in my life. I love him like my own child and am so concerned that I might do something wrong. Have purchased several books, always search the net for tips, my biggest problem is we have no VET nearby and he has to travel nearly 400 km. Best of luck. How about some tips on what you have been feeding your baby.

Podna is a pretty boy! Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

OMG! what a cutie pie! I love this story. I have an 8 year old golden retriever and he is a wonderful friend.

Pomeranian
Pomeranian Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsAugust 4, 2009
Pomeranian
Pomeranian's Coat Not Growing Back
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs
Dachshund/Pomeranian
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos
🎉
🎄