Painting Advice With Apple Decor

I have a apple kitchen, everything from curtains to decor, my walls now are a light green. I am wanting to repaint, but I need a good color that goes with apples. My cabinets are getting redone also, I am painting them white.

Linda from Cookeville, TN

My art teacher used to tell us, "look to nature for color combinations, nature put colors together perfectly". So, how about one of the colors that apples grow in: sunny yellow, sky blue, or a spring rain silvery grey?

I think color is a very personal choice, but as soon as I read your post, I pictured a darkish-red color for the walls. Whether you liked it or not would depend on how much you like red (!) and also how large a wall area you have to cover and the kind of natural light the room gets and the amount artificial light the room has. What color are your countertops and your floors? You don't want too many colors. Have you gotten some paint chips for ideas yet? See what colors you are naturally drawn to and love. Maybe you should paint the walls a darker green?

Please let us know what you decide, and good luck!

Nancy in Florida

LIGHT SUNNY YELLOW WORKS BEAUTIFULLY WITH WHITE CABINETS AND APPLE DECOR. I JUST LOVE MY DAUGHTERS CHEERY KITCHEN. HER FLOORS ARE A LIGHT CREAMY BEIGE AND HER COUNTER TOPS ARE NATURAL WOOD COLOR.

My kitchen is also apples and so I did two walls an apple core color and the other two navy..I love it

I too have apple decor. I found a awesome wallpaper that has a beige background, with little apples on it in different pattern, and it has the top border to match. I am also looking for a rich beige paint color for trim work, mainly because of the three main colors: burgundy, green and beige, the beige is the only neutral color. Plus, it's easy to match floor tile in beige compared to the burgundy and green. Good luck!!

I, too have an apple kitchen and the top half of the wall is a cream color and the bottom half is light blue. Don't paint it red if you have a lot of red decorative stuff to put up. My cabinets are white and my counter tops are grey. The floor tile is blue. It all blends well.

Why not try white walls? Walls and cabinets the same color would make the room look larger, too.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 9, 2007
Apple Cookie Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎄