Honeycrisp Apple Crisp Recipe
Honeycrisp apples are great apple to use for crowd pleasing dessert recipes like an apple crisp. This is a page about honeycrisp apple crisp
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Honeycrisp apples are my favorite. Every year I can't wait for them to show up at the local farmer's market, so I can make my favorite apple crisp. I think Honeycrisp apples have the perfect texture and combination of tart/sweet flavor to make crisp. They cook up really well, and I can usually get them by the box at the market for about $1.50/lb. which is much less expensive than the store.
- 10 cups peeled, cored, thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place apple slices in 9x9 inch pan. Sprinkle sugar over top.
- Mix oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is soft. Serve warm.
I enjoy apple crisp by itself, but it also tastes great with ice cream or vanilla yogurt.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR
October 18, 20121 found this helpful
I think it would be hard to fit 10 cups of apples in a 9X9 inch pan.