Having Fun Saving and Making Extra Money

I'm a preschool teacher, but just started a month off of work without pay (we close in August for maintenance and teacher training). To top that off, we just received a large and unexpected bill in the mail! To try and get through this period, I've started a little "contest" with myself to see if I can go at least a week without spending any unnecessary money, or if I can even make some extra money.

For example, yesterday I didn't spend any money all day (though I was home almost all day, to be fair!), and even "saved" some money by returning a couple of overlooked, overdue items to the library that were racking up late fees. Today I have to go out, but when I do, I'll take back some items that I've been meaning to return. I won't buy anything new at the store while I'm there, so I'll actually "make" money from the refunds.

I also started some auctions on eBay last night, so if that goes well, there's a little extra there too. Making this into a fun challenge for myself takes some of the sting out of having to "do without" right now, and it'll actually be kind of fun to see how much money I can earn in one way or another!

By Lisa from Kenosha, WI

I am very interested in learning how to auction some items on eBay. I did open a paypal accont but have no inkling how to get around and put items on eBay or how to follow the items. If you have time, would you tell me the easiest and most economical way to auction some items? Thank you for sharing.

Bobbie G

You have to take into consideration your gasoline when taking back returns to the store. Wait till you have to go back for other items instead of just going back, to be taking the returns, or you're not "making" any extra anything, except a wasted trip.

Maybe you can do some private tutoring for your school district? Call the Admin Bldg and ask if they have a private tutor list. Look at the list, check out the options. Other nearby districts might do the same thing and you don't even need to work for them.

What is your ebay name? Would like to check out your auctions.

Ij'm with Bobbie G. I've tried a couple of times to list things on ebay, and I am registered, but it never goes through. Is there an easy way to learn the method?

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyAugust 16, 2006
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Photo of tools hung a peg board.
Saving Money On Tools
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Woman Getting a Manicure
Saving Money on Manicures
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 9:16:02 PM on in 993 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.