Fruit Bars

These bars may be sugar-free but they are very sweet using natural sugars. They are a delicious treat that is also good for you.

• 1 cup dates, cut up
  • 1/2 cup prunes, cut up
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 stick margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cloves
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup nuts

Bring dates, prunes and raisins and water to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes and remove from stove. Then add margarine and cool. Add dry ingredients to fruit and put in a greased pan. Bake in 9x13 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Since I am sensitive to the amount of sugar in a recipe, I wouldn't call this sugar free at all, it has a LOT of natural sugars. Which even for people with diabetes (not my problem) can have TOO much of.

I would label these No Sugar Added, some people out there just don't pay attention to label and think, you don't add sugar I guess it's Sugar Free, despite the fact you have a lot of natural sugars.

Blueberry Fruit Bars
Fruit Bar Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Sugar FreeMay 29, 2007
bowl of shredded coconut
Making Almond Joy Bars
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags