Soft Pumpkin Granola Bars Recipe
These oatmeal and spice based pumpkin bars are low in sugar and absolutely delicious. This page contains a soft pumpkin granola bars recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I'm trying out so many recipes and using up the pumpkin I found on the curb that I baked and pureed. This recipe is not sweet, but you can add more sweetener than called for. It is also versatile, and you can use ingredients you already have in your pantry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Total Time: Under an hour
Yield: 12 bars
Source: My Name is Yeh website
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk (original recipe had almond milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 - 4 Tbsp sweetener (honey, molasses, stevia)
- 3/4 cup toasted and chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, dried fruit, or any other fun mix-ins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients.
- Fold in any additions you may be using.
- Spread evenly in the pan. My batter was kind of loose, but the final product turned out fine.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. It's done when the top is set and it is browned.
- Cool. Slice when completely cool. I left mine in the refrigerator overnight and sliced it into 12 bars in the morning.
- Store them in the refrigerator or freezer to keep fresh.
In This Guide