Repellent to Keep a Cat Off a Sofa

I am looking for a cat repellent gel to keep cat off new sofa and plants.

Concetta from Florida

Ooooooooooo

I found the solution for my dogs. I use mouse traps (covered with sheets so my pets don't get hurt) The >>SNAP<< is enough to deter them from future romps on my chairs.

You can take the sheets and mousetraps off your furniture after a day or two, however I've learned the behavior is extinquished if I don't do it every other week, then once a month, then less often as a reminder.

For the plants, Four Paws makes a pet repellant. Check your local pet store.

I have also been told that double-stick tape will discourage them from getting up onto furniture/cabinet tops, etc.

The mousetraps work, too; we always used a sheet of newspaper over them to prevent accidents.

Cats also are really sensitive to scents they don't like. You could make little sachets with something they don't like (maybe cloves?) in pieces from an old stocking and lay them where you don't want cats. I don't know if it will do it, but it won't hurt to try.

Cats hate black pepper. You can sprinkle it on the dirt of house plants and they stay away. Not sure you wanna try this on furniture tho.

We put a scratching post near the furniture and kept spraying it with catnip water....soon, they wanted nothing but the scratching post and we didn't need the catnip water any more...the mouse trap idea that was mentioned works well too...

THIS IS A MUST: BITTER APPLE SPRAY ! pet stores have it, and it's about $6/bottle, but will last for about a year if you use it sparingly. one small spritz is just fine and it's so offensive to them they'll sure steer clear!

Keep cats off furniture with the No Pets Allowed Deterrent blanket. Easy to use - inexpensive and it works! go to www.clawsnpaws.biz to see it.

Pets CatsMarch 4, 2008
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
🎄