Homemade Bisquick Mix Without Shortening

I am concerned about using shortening as all the labels I have been reading indicate a hydrogenated process has been carried out. ie. Crisco. Can I make a Bisquick homemade mix using oil? And if so, how much would I use?

By Lorraine

I personally wouldn't use oil as a substitute for shortening for any bisquik/flour type of baking unless the recipe calls for it because oils give a more flat dense end product. Just substitute an equal amount of unsalted butter or if using salted butter don't use the recommended salt amount in the recipe. And please don't even think to use margarine as a substitute to save money because it is hydrogenated too even if only partially and even if the margarine package says not hydrogenated some of the ingredients they use to make the margarine are.

Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchJanuary 15, 2011
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix