Boy's 7th Birthday Party Theme Ideas

What is the best theme for my son's birthday party, he's turning 7 years old?

By Mayet from Philippines

There are too many choices: Cars, Star Wars, and Toy Story are only a few. Think of the program or video your son really enjoys. Use that as your theme. You should be able to find items for any theme at your local party supply store.

If you can't think of anything else, try centering your son's party around his favorite color, or his pet if he has one. Have fun, and Happy Birthday to your son!

Ask your son what he wants as his theme, and involve him in the shopping for the plates and cake decorations and so on. It will make it more fun for him if he is in on the planning. Dinosaurs are something most 7 year olds are interested in.

When my daughter turned 7, we had a Scooby-Doo party, but you could simply make it a detective party. When the kids came in, we sat them down for a snack, to be followed by cake. I brought in an empty cake plate with a note saying it was their job to solve the Case of the Missing Cake. They had to work together to receive clues (for example, they played pass the parcel and the clue was in the final box they unwrapped). Eventually, the last clue led them to the (turned off) oven, which is where I had hidden the cake. You can make it as fancy or as simple as you want. (For instance, you could make reverse messages for them to read in a mirror.) It was a big hit and the kids loved working together versus competing. Good luck!

OMG I totally love the detective game idea! The mystery of the missing cake, I already have in mind how I want to do this. Thanks for the great idea.