Buy Matching Socks

Buy socks that are all alike. I store them without folding them into each other also. They stretch out faster if you fold them into a ball. The advantages to this practice: no matching-up socks and when one wears out, gets a hole or gets lost you have automatic replacements.

You can still buy socks of different kinds. I have white socks for tennis shoes and dress socks, but the whites are all alike and the dress socks are all black and alike. I think this saves money in the long run.

By thriftyvicki from Dallas, TX

I figured this out several nyears ago .With 4 small ones we were always a sock or two short come wash time.This proved to be an easy solution and have passed it on to many young people I have known.

I don't fold my socks either. I got tired of my socks stretching out & the bigger my boys' feet got, the more their socks stretched out too! So instead now, I just take one sock, holding the toe, & stick it into the other sock. That way I still have a pair I can grab quickly, but they don't get stretched!

I also buy matching socks. We go through so many that it does save time and money by having another sock as a spare.

I also did this with winter mittens-after the season I would buy a few pairs of the same kind and if one got lost or damaged beyond repair there was always another to take its place.

Good idea! My socks are all alike and I don't know why I didn't think of this. I've never folded my panties; I just throw them in the drawer. I'll be doing the same with socks from now on. Thanks.