Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Spring Banquet Ideas

I have to decorate for some Spring Banquets - the theme is 'Bloom Where You Are Planted'. Any ideas? I need about 30, so they have to be fairly inexpensive.

Pat F.

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Patti (Guest Post)03/18/2008

I decorated a silent auction last year. I had very little budget, so I cut wild blossom branches from trees in my neighbourhood and placed them in clear wine bottles . I tied organza bows around the bottles and placed sparkly butterflies in the branches. It turned out really beautiful....

By Jeanne Quinones03/12/2005

Re: Spring Centerpieces

Wheatgrass with 5 to 6 hard boiled (or decorative eggs) laying beside it on a long dish. This would be great for a Easter Table.

OR

A basket or upsidedown straw hat with long ornamental grasses and either decorative eggs or fancy foil covered chocolate candy eggs.

By Camilla North [16]11/17/2004

Here's an idea for inexpensive individual nut or mint cup. Take the little dosing cups that come with cough syrup and Pepto-Bismol (wash them out well) and hot glue a little lace and a miniature fabric flower to it.

By Tawnda (Guest Post)05/05/2004

If it is more formal where you need name tags at each seat you can buy those miniature clay pots and a few bunches of silk flowers and paint with a paint pen each persons name onto the clay pot. You can also spray paint the pots in varrying spring colors then paint the names on the pots. Use modeling clay or foam pieces in the bottoms of the pots and add one or two silk flowers you have cut off from a bunch. You could also get by with green tissue paper poking out of each pot in place of the clay or foam and add one single flower to the center of the tissue. Make one medium sized matching clay pot for the center piece. Or fill each centerpiece with a pair of garden gloves, a few flower or vegetable seed packets, hand sized garden tools, etc. and as door prizes you can do drawings for each centerpiece.

There are also edible flowers that you can freeze into ice cubes. These are festive and pretty and can be used in water glasses or lemonade glasses.

By Claire from Brooklyn, NY (Guest Post)04/07/2004

I saw a cute inexpensive floral arrangement the other day using just one bloom per table:

Float the head (no stem) of a single gerbera daisy in a small globe-shaped vase half-filled with water. It sounds plain, but it's really fresh, minimalist and striking. Like a little water lily.

By sagg2470 (Guest Post)04/06/2004

If the banquet is elegant then a dish of floating candle flowers would be good with green fish bowl rocks (penne pieces). They are clear and kinda flat usually in beta bowls. if you require more daytime center pieces, you could get green confetti and spread around the center of the table, place a foam circle spray painted green, place grass greenery on it (even moss), place stick flower stems. Place frogs or bees, anything that goes in the plants you get at florists or garden areas. Then place a hanger shaped in a u to form an arch wrap with ivy or other vine plant to create a high point. Place a wide ribbon from one side to the other with the org. name on it.

By mperry (Guest Post)04/02/2004

You can find little garden gloves, small gardening spades, iron butterflies, and dragonflies sometimes at Big Lots as well as small watering cans. Alternating tables, it turns out to be a cute idea, placing these items on the tables. They also have previously carried little wheel barrows that could add to the effect.

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]03/16/2004

I'd look for some primroses. You might be able to get a whole flat at Costco, Sam's Club or a local nursery or greenhouse for less than the normal 79-99 cent price. There are several colors and you could work your centerpieces around them.

If you can get a loan of some crystal bowls or plates (or the plastic crystal look alikes) you could put your primroses on the "crystal". You don't say how long you have to plan but small watering cans might be another good centerpiece. You could put fresh flowers in the watering cans. I'd think there would be some available, either tin or plastic in the Easter stuff.

Green crepe paper should be going on sale at the dollar stores right after St. Patrick's day. You could decorate with some of that around your centerpiece on the tables or streaming around the edges of the room.

Hopefully there are some here with more ideas.