Homemade Dish Detergent Recipe

Does anyone know of a homemade dish detergent recipe? I save so much with the homemade laundry detergent, but have had no luck finding a dish detergent recipe.

By Amy from Rochester, NY

I don't know if you mean for washing dishes by hand at the sink, or for the dishwasher. For doing dishes by hand I used just about anything. I sometimes get liquid laundry detergent cheaply. The off brands are watery, so I use that. I prefer the colorless unscented variety. Diluted shampoo (purchased for $.77 or less) works, too. I use VO5 mostly. I get a clear formula.

For the dishwasher I use a powdered purchased product, but use much less of it--just a tablespoon in each cup.

This works really well for me the koolaide is to help break down the residue and grease.

1 cup of borax

1 cup washing soda

1/2 cup of kosher salt. (you can use regular salt, but I prefer kosher salt, more scrubbing power)

15 pkgs of lemon koolaide. I use the store brand it is a lot cheaper.

I also fill the rinse aid with white vinegar.

I use a spoon full in the pre wash and a spoon full in the one that you lock shut. You probably don't have to do that but I want my dishes really clean. I am a person that rinses my dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. If you don't I dont know how well it will work. But I've had other people say it works great for them too. I store it in a cheap plastic container. Wrote the ingredients on the outside of the jar and labeled the lid.

Someone loading dishes into a dishwasher.
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes DishesFebruary 26, 2011
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Making Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher Cubes
Making Dishwasher Cubes
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops