AdviceMothers Day

Taking Time For Mom

I read an article in Ann Landers from a girl who said she was always too busy to take time out for a visit for her Mom. It says; "One of these days will never come because Mom has passed away. For the very first time in her wonderful, unselfish life, she was the one who didn't have time for me. Time has a way of slipping away and before you know it the tomorrows are yesterdays. If I could encourage just one person to stop, no matter how busy, and find an hour to visit their Mother, it will be the best gift I could give Mom. And it will be the best present your readers could give theirs." I'll miss her forever. If there was one piece of advice I'd give your readers from my own personal experiences with my Mother it would be to take time out for Mom. In loving memory of my Mom Kathryn G. Shearer

By Sharon Shearer

Amen to this sentiment. I saw my mom everyday from the time my daughter was born until she passed when my daughter was in high school. She took care of my daughter for me and mom and I even had Saturday outings every other week. Even though I saw and talked to her every day I miss her terribly. Don't let time go by. You'll never get it back.

I too know what it is like to say I'll visit her tomarrow and before you know it she's gone. 2 years ago and who would have known at 45 yrs old. I could not express more deeply the what if's could of's should of's I desire that many still have, LOVE YOUR MOM EVERYDAY!!!

When I read the letter I felt like I was writing It.

My understanding and sympathy goes out to all who have lost their mothers.

I love you MOM

In Memory of my mother Jeanne Cintron

Michelle

I FEEL LIKE THIS LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY ME, 2 YRS AGO AT AGE 45 MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY AND I WAS ALWAYS SAYING TOMARROW I'LL GO VISIT OR WOULD HANG UP WITH HER AS SOON AS I COULD SO I WOULDN'T HEAR HER GRIPE.WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO GET A PHONE CALL, A HUG, JUST ANOTHER CHANCE TO SAY I LOVE YOU MOM! I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT THE WHAT IF'S SHOULD OF'S COULD OF'S, BUT NOTHING WILL BRING HER BACK.SO LOVE YOUR MOTHER AND DON'T MAKE MY SAME MISTAKE, I LIVE WITH THIS DAILY.

WITH SYMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR MOTHER

LOVING MEMORY OF JEANNE

LOVE YOU MOM

MICHELLE

The reason this hit home to me and I share it is something I really ought to be ashamed to tell but I'll share it anyway hoping someone else can benefit from my mistakes. When my mother passed away I was cleaning houses in the mornings, leaving there to go to another job until 6:00 and yet trying to help Mother keep her apartment clean and keep her and my washing up.She had been feeling bad and my sister had checked on her the night before. That morning I was cleaning and the house had a security system. When I went outside to sweep the porch the alarm went off and I hadn't a clue of how to turn it off. Police came. The whole 9 yards.. As if I wasn't stressed out enough, on my way to job #2 the thought ran through my mind that I ought to stop and check on Mom.I talked myself out of it ,thinking she'd want me to stay and I didn't HAVE THE TIME. At 7:00 I got the call to come to her apartment,my sister had come to check on her and found her dead of a massive heart attack. TRUST me I NEVER think of her that I don't think God sent me a message and I didn't listen.That will always bear heavily on my mind. She had time for me MANY MANY TIMES but when she needed me most I wasn't there.

I shared this woman's letter because a few years ago I was in the same situation. Working 2 jobs and taking care of my elderly Mother, cleaning and washing for her as well as my family. This would go on FOREVER--I THOUGHT!! The week Mom passed away she'd complained of feeling bad. I went on to work as usual and between jobs something inside me told me I should go check on Mom but I convinced myself she,d only want me to stay and I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME! I went on to my 2nd job and finished at 6:00 thinking I ought to go check on Mom .I talked myself out of it a second time convincing myself I had supper to cook and she'd be okay. At 7:00 I recieved the phone call that forever will haunt me. My sister had went out to check on her and found her lifeless from a massive heart attack.God had tried to give me the message and I chose not to listen. My Mom had been there for me MANY MANY times and the one time she needed me the most I wasn't there.It bears heavily on my mind when I think of my Mother.This was printed so that others may benefit from my mistakes.