Cleaning Up Dried-on Egg

Salt not only makes eggs taste better, but it makes "eggy" dishes clean easier. Sprinkle salt on dishes right after breakfast; it makes them a whiz to clean if you have to wait until later when you have time.

By Lori Zehren

I've never used salt to clean dishes but it sounds like a good idea. That's all I ever use to clean my cast iron cookware. I never soak it and I dare anyone to come near it with soap. Just hot water, a clean soap-free rag, and salt is all I need. I just scrub it out, rinse it well, and put it away. This keeps me from having to re-treat them every few weeks.

Don't fret over spilled eggs. Just pour Morton's Salt on top of the spill to cover the eggs. Then wipe the eggs up with a paper towel.

By MrsMoted2

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesDecember 5, 2004
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Raw Egg
Cleaning Raw Egg Off Carpet
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad