Recycling a Quilt

To give new life to an old quilt that has seen better days, use extra bedsheets to make a new cover. We used plain white on one side and let my sons personalize it with fabric markers. We also made patches from a favorite shirt to decorate as well. On the other side I used a fleece throw blanket that we no longer needed. It looks great and washes like a dream. Plus using the fleece blanket has made it warmer than it might have otherwise been.

By Katie in NY

I have a favorite quilt that I just hate to part w/and I use it on my bed w/other "used" blankets in the winter. It has seen better days and the top and bottom edges where in tatters. I just turned the edges over and folded them twice over themself and then I hand stitched the quilt and have used it since.

It may not look the best but it works for me!

Homemade Heart Duvet Covers
Homemade Duvet Covers
Crafts Recycled CraftsOctober 29, 2004
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt