Planting Branches

It's easy to grow shrubs and many other plants by simply planting a branch. Cut off a branch and bury it in decent soil leaving only 6-8 inches out of the ground. It may be small, but it will grow. I have even grown two white pine trees from cuttings. It also works well to grow ivy and some perennials (no root necessary). It's fun and saves money too.

By Virginia from Cincinnati, OH

You don't use the root hormone product sold in the nurseries? Wow! I'll have to try that with my shrubs. Thanks.

Please don't do this with willow branches anywhere near houses. The root system grows much faster than the trees and they invade septic systems, underground pipes and lines.

I just tried this with a forsythia and it worked! Actually, I pulled it up because I wanted to see what was happening, but it grew roots! So I put it back in and we'll see what happens!

can someone tell me how to root mint mine is dying and it smells so good,and hurry.thanks

can someone tell me how to root redtips, i dont know the real name for them, they have red leaves in the spring time and they can grow real tall.

Can any kind of trees be grown from cut branches? Example peaches, nectarines, apricots and apples trees.

You can also buy a feeder that is shaped like a flying saucer called HummZinger by Aspects (I got another one from Wild birds unlimited) and not fill it up to the top so the bees can't reach the nectar. Also there is a resevouir to put water in so that the ants can't get in. It's got a lifetime guarentee as well.