Tipping Helpers at The Airport

My Grandparents are going to be needing to use a wheelchair within the airport and they were wondering if anyone knows how much to tip the people transporting them?

Mandi from Erie

Because of a back injury years ago I now will request a wheel chair at the time I make the Plane reservations.The airline sees to it there is a wheel chair at the end of the trip also. I give the "pusher" a five doller bill at both airports, going and coming home. The airline says you don't need to give their employees a tip. And most don't expect one,but hope they will get one. If you think they did a good job $4-$5 is enough. If they do a great job,give them more. Most will be helping you with your luggage also . If you need help to the shuttle with the bags, let them know ahead and they will arrange for it. Some of those young people push 2 wheel chairs at the same time. I have seen one person give them $3.00 and the other one nothing. It is hard work and I feel if you can afford to give them $5-$10 that helps make up for those that don't have it. Happy travelling.

That is a very sound idea! I don't have to use a wheelchair yet, but I will tip when one is necessary. I also tip my auto mechanic, anyone who works inside my house, as well as especially helpful folks who give me great advice on electronics. "Best Buy" personnel are especially knowledgeable, but they are not allowed to accept tips.

I have moved over 12 times in my life, so I try to be especially generous with movers. My philosophy is to tip them up front and say, "please take care of me." This way, they know already that they are getting a tip. If the tip isn't to their liking, I guess it might backfire, but so far it hasn't.

$10. Money well spent for head of line and sidewalk to plane door.

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 12, 2006
Dishwasher detergent being poured into a dishwasher.
Cleaning With Dishwashing Detergent
Elderly Couple In Airport
Airport Tips When It Is Difficult To Walk
A child eating ice cream in a car.
Preventing Spills in the Car
Spider on a black eyed Susan.
Spider Photos