Easy Camping Chicken Dish

Delicious, few ingredients and not much time; what's not to like?

• 1 cup rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloins or any chicken cut into strips
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can milk

Boil the water and add the rice, cover.

Turn on the oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat the Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet that can go into the oven. Cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side, then add the soup and milk. Stir it and let it boil, then put it into the oven. Let it cook until the rice is done (about 25 minutes total for most brands). If the sauce isn't thick enough, just pull out the chicken and let it cook a bit on the top of the stove. Then add the chicken back and serve it over the rice.

The following day I added another can of soup and milk, added the leftover rice, and served my new soup with crusty bread and a salad.

One pound of chicken served two hungry adults, twice. We all eat too much meat, so a recipe that tastes great with less meat is a good one.

I always stock up on boneless chicken at under $2 a pound, and Aldi's mushroom soup works just as well as Campbells, and costs .49.

When staying in a condo on vacation I'm always looking for new recipes that can be made with just a few ingredients. This one will definitely go with us next time.

Servings: 4
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
25 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I made it up on a day I was feeling lazy.

By Jeneene from Cincinnati, OH

Sounds delicious and I probably will try it soon. However I am curious, if this is a "camping" recipe for chicken, where was the oven? LOL, just being ornery.

When camping, how do I set the temperature? I don't usually take an oven with me.

A can of milk? What kind of milk? The only two I know of that is canned is evaporated and sweetened condensed

A pot cooking over a fire.
Camping Recipes
Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping RecipesJuly 2, 2009
Children Laughing in Campground
Camping with Children
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume