Mark The Top Of Spice Jars

I keep my spices in a drawer. I usually had very little, if any, problems finding what I wanted. I kept them by sizes and remembered what was in a big or little bottle.

Then, my young grandson discovered the drawer and decided the bottles were toys. He would rearrange them every time he visited. After getting tired of searching for what I wanted, I got the idea to take a marker and put the initial of the contents on the lid.

So there is a P on top of paprika, C on top of celery seed, etc. Not perfect but a lot easier find what I need now.

By Linda from Bloomington, Illinois

I keep my spices in the fridge door and write the whole name on the top so I know what it is. On black or dark lids I use the silver marker, works great!

I do this with my medication bottles, too.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesJuly 15, 2008
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎄