Use Hot Glue To Save Soles

Save the heels of your family's new shoes from running down by doing this tip: turn shoe upside down with bottom of heel facing you.

Using a hot glue gun, apply a thin coating of glue along the outline of the heel, then a couple of squiggly lines within the center of the outline to even out the surface. Let cool a bit and give warm glue a little tap with your thumb to flatten a bit. Allow to cool and set completely before wearing. The ground you tread upon will wear away the glue before it wears away your shoe. Try it.

Tip: May reapply as needed.

My husband tried this with my bowling shoes, it didnt work, now maybe we did it the wrong way, i dont know, i do know the soles did not stay on.

hi, you have to let them dry completely before wearing. Also, I have never tried them on bowling shoes as those shoes are used for a specific reason and I only did this on my good shoes that I didnt want to wear down from normal wear and tear, but as for bowling well I'm not so sure if that is a good idea for that and nor does my post recommend it specifically for bowling shoes. However, sorry it didnt work for you, but maybe it will work on a pair of shoes you may have that is not used for sports. Thanks for posting feedback

Hi I used some E6000 glue from the hardware store to save some worn soles that were coming undone, I will try this hot glue hint on my kids shoes , anything to make them last longer is good for me!!! thanks!

What a great tip. I am going to try it on a pair of soles that leave black marks every time I skid my heel on my white kitchen floor! Thanks.

Would this have a tendency to make the shoes drag when you are walking on carpeting, thus maybe causing somebody to trip?

tennis shoes
Making Your Shoes Last Longer
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsMay 22, 2008
Making a Hot Glue Pendant
Making a Hot Glue Pendant
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄