Use Hot Glue To Save Soles

Save the heels of your family's new shoes from running down by doing this tip: turn shoe upside down with bottom of heel facing you.

Using a hot glue gun, apply a thin coating of glue along the outline of the heel, then a couple of squiggly lines within the center of the outline to even out the surface. Let cool a bit and give warm glue a little tap with your thumb to flatten a bit. Allow to cool and set completely before wearing. The ground you tread upon will wear away the glue before it wears away your shoe. Try it.

Tip: May reapply as needed.

My husband tried this with my bowling shoes, it didnt work, now maybe we did it the wrong way, i dont know, i do know the soles did not stay on.

hi, you have to let them dry completely before wearing. Also, I have never tried them on bowling shoes as those shoes are used for a specific reason and I only did this on my good shoes that I didnt want to wear down from normal wear and tear, but as for bowling well I'm not so sure if that is a good idea for that and nor does my post recommend it specifically for bowling shoes. However, sorry it didnt work for you, but maybe it will work on a pair of shoes you may have that is not used for sports. Thanks for posting feedback

Hi I used some E6000 glue from the hardware store to save some worn soles that were coming undone, I will try this hot glue hint on my kids shoes , anything to make them last longer is good for me!!! thanks!

What a great tip. I am going to try it on a pair of soles that leave black marks every time I skid my heel on my white kitchen floor! Thanks.

Would this have a tendency to make the shoes drag when you are walking on carpeting, thus maybe causing somebody to trip?