How to Keep Shoe Soles Clean

Category Shoes
Shoes go everywhere so the soles can become dirty very quickly. Clean soles will track in less dirt and will help the shoe look presentable longer. This is a guide about how to keep shoe soles clean.

In the winter months, when we have had rain or snow, there can be a lot of tracking in that has to be swept up. Mud gets caught in the grooves of the shoes and it's hard to remove once it dries.

I have found it helpful to have a pan, with a little water in it, sitting on the porch. While the dirt is still damp, I can dip the soles of my shoes in the water and get the mud and debris off easily.

After mowing grass, this method also works well for removing wet grass clippings from my shoes.

I have used tooth picks because if you step in dog dirt or anything else it helps get it out and then use an old toothbrush with soap and water to clean the soles. It really works great!

Sometimes, I have to do that too. Toothbrushes are great tools to have around the house.