Blackberry Rhubarb Jam

I wanted to make homemade jam this winter, so I purchased some frozen berries from the farmers market and came up with this recipe. It's a nice sweet/tart combination.

• 3 1/2 cups of chopped rhubarb
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 1/2 cups of blackberries
  • 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
  • 1 box pectin
  • 5 cups of sugar

If berries/fruit are frozen then you can defrost them but there is no need for them to be entirely defrosted. Add rhubarb in a large pot with water. Boil for about 5 minutes until tender. Crush blackberries, then add to rhubarb with lemon juice and pectin, stir. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Add sugar 1 cup at a time and stir. Bring to a boil then boil for 1 minute. Process in hot water bath for 5-8 mins.

Wow! Thanks for sharing! It combines two of my favorite flavors! Dad's too! I will definately be trying this one soon!

Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyMarch 7, 2008
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
A bowl of fig jam and some fresh figs.
Fig Jam Recipes
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch