Make Your Own Refrigerator Deodorizer

I made my own baking soda deodorizer for the refrigerator, after finding difficulty "refilling" the one they sell (with the fabric vents.) I took a small pringles can (1 3/4 oz) and discarded the lid. I filled it with one cup of baking soda (from the bulk food department) And covered it with the toe of an old knee-high stocking. I reinforced it with a rubber band on top. You can easily decorate the paper cover, or hide it in the back of the fridge/freezer. Just change every 3-4 months and reuse the container.

By Kelly from Willamina, OR

if you roll up newspaper and wack it in there that deodorises the fridge for about a week and then you just throw it away

You could always cut out the center part of the lid and use the outer ring of the lid to hold the fabric in place. A rubber band is a good idea but around my house I have no idea where any are.

Make Your Own MiscellaneousMarch 28, 2006
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal