Browsing: Organizing Underwear

Separate Bins for Each Family Member

Overhead, above our washer and dryer, I had my husband install a shelf that runs the entire length of the washer and dryer. On this shelf I placed five mini laundry baskets, the ones that are usually 10" x 12". I labeled each basket with a name each person in our family.

Now when we pull underwear and socks straight out of the dryer, they get tossed up into whose bin they belong to. This saves time on folding and taking clothes to each person's room to put away in their drawer and everyone always knows where to find their delicates.

If your laundry room is in a visible locale in the house, you may want to make the baskets into non-see through bins with labels or painted on names for each family member. This also helps with the clutter in the laundry room and so much time is saved.

By Deb

An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
Organizing LaundryOctober 17, 2004
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Styrofoam Packing Peanuts
Recycling Styrofoam
Couple Painting Each Room a Different Color
Painting Each Room a Different Color
Plastic Trash Bin
Uses for Plastic Trash Bins
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:57:02 AM on 10.0.2.136 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.