Avoid Watering Down Your Summer Drinks

Instead of watering down your soft drinks with ice cubes, I use soda that has gone flat and freeze it in an ice cube tray. I also make extra iced tea, and do the same thing. Never again do I have watery drinks. Try it. It will make a big difference.

By Wayne from St Albans, NY

I like this. I am going to start doing it!

Great Idea! can't get more thrifty than using up something you would have thrown away!

I love this idea, and I also do it with fruit juices and syrup from fruit cans.

July 2, 2009 Flag

This tip is in regards to any summer time drink you're enjoying. Adding plain ice cubes to your drink will only water it down. If you're having iced tea like I do all the time, make your ice cubes from iced tea. When you toss a few cubes into your tea it won't get weak. The same goes for kool aid or lemonade. I always make a few ice cube trays of whatever beverage in is the fridge at the time. No more watered down drink, it's just as good from start to finish.

By Sandie from Curtice, OH

Avoid Watering Down Your Summer Drinks

Hi Sandy. Well, aren't you a smart lady! I never thought of that idea. Thank you for sharing such a great tip. I drink a lot of iced tea during summer and now I will be freezing ice tea cubes. Thank you again have a great summer (06/16/2008)

By Sherri

Avoid Watering Down Your Summer Drinks

Warning! I learned while working for an orthopedic surgeon as a young woman that drinking tea daily can cause terrible joint pains, because of the tannic acid in tea. My mother and i alternated with weak lemonade. All of my relatives did not. Guess what? Every single one of them have had the worst cases of arthritis imaginable, and continue to guzzle tea for every meal. Being from Texas where it's always hot, it seems, but where iced tea is a tradition, regardless.

When I was middle aged, I began to drink one serving bottles of Tropicana pink grapefruit juice three or four times a week. I didn't associate it until i read that women who have no cellulite on their thighs or legs are usually those who consumed grapefruit during their life, which is one of the other blessings from god.

Now that I have aged, and have absolutely no joint problems. I can praise and thank god for that information through my employer that saved my mother and I much grief and pain.
If you are young, take this god-given advice. It works! : ) (06/18/2008)

By Lynda

Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJuly 2, 2009
Watering Lawn
Watering a Narrow Strip of Lawn
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Detergent Bottle Watering Can
Make a Detergent Bottle Watering Can
Watering a gardening with drip irrigation.
Watering Your Garden