Song Ideas for a Photo Slide Show

My Dad turned 80 yesterday, Christmas Eve. We are going through some old photos to make a slide presentation. Any ideas on some good background songs?

Mike

Right off the top of my head, the song, "Memories", comes to mind. This may be appropriate for your tribute slide show. You might also ask your dad what are some of his favorite songs. Good luck with your project.

"Special Times" by: Celine Dion

"What A Wonderful World" By: Louis Armstrong

I used these two songs to for a slide show (Birthday) and everyone loved it..Especially "Special Times"..

If it were me, I'd change the songs according to what was the most popular song during the year the particular photo was taken. Start back during the depression when he was born then change songs each decade or every 5 years, whatever works for you. I'm sure there are many web sites that list the popular songs of the decade or of the year. For example Billboards top 100 songs(or something like that)?

A second idea, ask your kids (or some other young folks) to ask him what his top 10 favorite songs are. We all know how old songs bring back good times & make us remember! (Just like smells do)

---> Anyone out there know of a good web site for top songs of a certain year?

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Susan shared this website with me. You can even have the #1 song of the day!

http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm

"Young at Heart" would be a good one.

I made a video last year for a 50th. I started with Rascal Flatts "My Wish",then after mariage and children played Rod Stewart "Forever Young". It's an awesome video. Have fun!

What a fun project! A few that come to mind:

Old Days by Chicago

Through the Years by Kenny Rogers

Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney

The Times of Your Life by Paul Anka

Remember When by Alan Jackson

These Are the Days by 10,000 Maniacs

"Memories" is a great song, but it's also a very sad one, about how the singer (Grizabella, the Glamour Cat) used to be young, beautiful, held, petted, fussed over, and loved, and now is abandoned and alone. To my mind, that's really not the best choice to play for someone you still care about.

"You Make Me Feel so Young" and also think about a place name song. If he grew up or was born in Chicago then use "Chicago" "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" etc.

I second the vote for "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

I like "Children" by Robert Miles - no words, only music. I think it's the best daydreaming song and would be great to put memories to.

What about doing them along with the theme like in the good ole summertime for summer pics, If he is 80 then what about big band music for teen pics you know bennie goodman, cab calaway etc., and wedding pics like a romantic old song ie my funny valentine. Best of luck to you.

I am thinking of doing this someday when I get married and I am looking for a good song to play while the slide show is showing my groom as he is growing up. Does anyone have any ideas?

dan folgerberg...leader of the band

clint black.........spend my time

Louis Armstrong.what a wonderful world

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayDecember 29, 2008
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Framing Wedding Song Lyrics
Framing Wedding Song Lyrics
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎉
🎄