Remedies for Hot Feet

Category Home Remedies
Sometimes, a person's feet will get hot for no apparent reason. This guide contains remedies for hot feet.

My feet get so hot they feel like they're on fire. It's not athlete's foot or a rash or anything, they've always been that way. My feet do not sweat ever. I moisturize and get pedicures, and the skin is fine.

But my hot feet drive me crazy, and keep me awake at night. I have to get up and run cold water over them in the tub. I've bought gel socks, sprays, and lotions. I have tried wet socks at night. Does anyone know any thing that might help?

By babygaige from Hermiston, OR

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

Have you had your thyroid checked. It could be a symptom of an overactive gland. If your thyroid is out of whack you will have all sorts of symptoms including hot feet.

Best Answer

Ok...This will sound well, silly but put an ice pack on the back of your neck. It works it's the reflexology points used in eastern cultures. Dr. Oz talks about these on Oprah often. Good luck & happy feet

Best Answer

Hello,

My poor mother had this problem for a while and yes it is a problem that you and your Dr. can correct. I only wish I could remember what it's called. Mom is not longer with us (nothing to do with the foot problem!), but there is a scientific name and a drug available for the problem. Check with your Doctor.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, and foot creams with peppermint oil helps.

Anonymous

I have the same problem. Hot feet every night but not painful. So hot I cannot sleep. I get an ice pack and fall asleep with my feet on it. I am in peri-menopause so I think my hot feet are due to hormones

Anonymous

I suggest your mother to put on vix it helps your feet and stops your feet burning hot also I know this for a fact because I am trying it right know  hope this helped if u tried please tell me :)

Be careful, putting ice pack at the back of your neck may cause clotting and may become a source of stroke or paralysis. Please consult your physician before attempting such remedies.

I find I get hot feet and it raises my body temperature if I don't deal with it quickly. I've got other problems too and my thyroid seems to keep coming up as a possibility. Doctor's tests are very, very slowly starting to come about after years. Perhaps ironically, at a glacial speed. I'm not talking about burning sensations, but a raised temperature that is most noticeable in my feet.

The only thing that works for me is to put on wet socks at bedtime. I stick my feet out of the covers too. During the night I pull my socks off in my sleep, as my feet get warm again, but by then they are staying cool and I do not wake up. This is an every night chore. I do have some nerve damage in my back and neck which is probably the cause. I JUST HOPE IT DOES NOT GET WORSE. Hope this helps.

I found my answer. Mentholatum. I put it on the ball of my feet and in between toes and my feet are good to go all night long. I am now sleeping with my feet under the covers. The first time in decades that I can remember. If not try wearing wet socks to bed. That works too. Good Luck!