Remedy for Hot Feet

My feet get so hot they feel like they're on fire. It's not athlete's foot or a rash or anything, they've always been that way. My feet do not sweat ever. I moisturize and get pedicures, and the skin is fine.

But my hot feet drive me crazy, and keep me awake at night. I have to get up and run cold water over them in the tub. I've bought gel socks, sprays, and lotions. I have tried wet socks at night. Does anyone know any thing that might help?

By babygaige from Hermiston, OR

Best Answer

Have you had your thyroid checked. It could be a symptom of an overactive gland. If your thyroid is out of whack you will have all sorts of symptoms including hot feet.

Best Answer

Ok...This will sound well, silly but put an ice pack on the back of your neck. It works it's the reflexology points used in eastern cultures. Dr. Oz talks about these on Oprah often. Good luck & happy feet

Best Answer

Hello,

My poor mother had this problem for a while and yes it is a problem that you and your Dr. can correct. I only wish I could remember what it's called. Mom is not longer with us (nothing to do with the foot problem!), but there is a scientific name and a drug available for the problem. Check with your Doctor.

I suggest your mother to put on vix it helps your feet and stops your feet burning hot also I know this for a fact because I am trying it right know  hope this helped if u tried please tell me :)

Best Answer

I have the same problem, and foot creams with peppermint oil helps.

You might want to go see your Podiatrist. It may be an indication of some other problem brewing.

I've had it checked in the past about every 6 months to a year. It's slow but not dramatically so. As for an indication of something else I do have kidney disease, but I don't know that there is a correlation between that and my hot feet. I'm not diabetic. I do have nerve damage from a neck injury though. If anyone knows of a home remedy, a spray for instance or anything. Thank you.

Have you tried sunburn gel with aloe? I got a bad sunburn awhile back and it felt like my skin was on fire. Sunburn gel with aloe was the only thing that helped take away the fire. Another idea would be to put ice cubes or a small ice pack in your socks and put them on. Good luck!

Absorbine Jr. rub it all over your feet I also keep a little fan pointed at my feet and lower legs when I sleep.

I want to thank you all for the great feedback. Great ideas everyone. I know of a condition called neuropathy if thats what your thinking of, but thats not my problem, but a dr probably could help. And I have spoken with my dr about it. But with my own health problems and an autistic child I get tired of drs and paying for them so hate to go again for hot feet if I can wait until next needed appointment. I have asorbine jr in my med cab I'll try that I always have the fan on at night already. I do use pepperment oil lotions and make my own soaks with tea tree eucalyptus and peppermint too. but they don't last all night, I would love to find a water based lotion with peppermint in it that is fast absorbingand non greasy. Funny someone mentioned the ice pack on the neck since I injured my neck I constantly use ice packs and it does help the feet too as long as their cold, but body heat warms them. But really good ideas all around I can experiment with.

You might have Restless Leg Syndrome. I was the same way until IO started taking one of the RLS meds.

I had the same problem. It started when I quit having my period. Fortunately, it didn't last but a couple of months. I did the same as you, getting up in thru the night and running cold water on my feet. After a couple of months it stopped and I have not had this problem in about 5 years now.

I have the same problem. Hot feet every night but not painful. So hot I cannot sleep. I get an ice pack and fall asleep with my feet on it. I am in peri-menopause so I think my hot feet are due to hormones

I'm finding it odd how I've had this problem for so long and never found anyone to help, and now all at once a bunch of people are saying things I can relate to.

K Kwaak I skip periods and I always have. lucky 2get a few times a year, but I never connected my feet with my periods, it's an interesting theory and may be why remedies I've tried never worked. I've been to Dr. (many many times) about my lack of periods, tried different meds and no luck. How did you regulate you cycle? Birth control? naturally?

Have you ever been checked for arthritis? This can cause hot and burning feet that doesn't respond to the treatments you've tried. I'd consult a doctor if I were you because there is medication that could possibly help you.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 20, 2009
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄