Plastic Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer

Plastic over-the-door shoe organizers: seems every time you really look for something, is the time you cannot find it. I have seen these before, at the Dollar General, at the Dollar Tree, and neither is carrying them now, and I refuse to pay a fortune for such a thing. Does anyone know where else I could look to find these on the cheap?

Carrie from Iowa City, IA

There are some dollar stores online. Why don't you try those?

IKEA has some really inovative closet items and they are not expensive at all. They probably have them.

www.craigslist.com

www.yahoogroups.com

then go to freecycle in your town-

www.Iowacityfreecycle.com

Ours came from an RV dealer. They have lots of light weight storage items.

I saw these at my local Family Dollar Store just yesterday. I didn't look at the price but I'm sure they were cheap.

Hi and thank you to everyone for the helpful feedback. I have looked at the dollar stores, and the family dollar where I live, but the only place I found these was at Target and I had to pay too much I think. But they are so incredibly useful. I stick all the random toys and junk my boys leave around the apt. in this on the back of their door. So when they start to ask "Where's my.." they already know what my answer is "look on the back of your door honey" Wow, that silly shoe organizer makes 2BR apt living with two kids so much easier. Thanks everyone.

I bought them at walmart. I recently started researching online on best ways I can organize my closets and OMG, what a great idea it is to use these over the door shoe organizers. I even found an idea to use them in the linen closet or in the bathroom closet to keep random things like brushes and bath toys, I was so excited I took off to Walmart immediately and found them for a little less than $8.

I found mine at big lots. I have also seen them at rite aid.

We use the plastic over-the-door shoe organizer for every room. I got my dear husband sold on using them when he could never find the right cord/charger, etc., because they were all tangled in a box. I label the pocket and label the device cord so that when we are finished using them they go right back into their pocket to be found easily. I use the organizer in the bathroom to organized things like personal items (brushes, hair accessories, toothbrush cases, etc.).

I have not been able to find the cheap.. I mean "less expensive" shoe organizers since I have moved to a new city and I just will not pay what BB&B charges for theirs. I went to the Super Goodwill store and purchased several clear heavy duty clear shower curtain liners and a couple of twin flat sheets to match the room decor where the organizer was to go. I cut and hemmed the sheet material and added loops to the top of some and grommets to others. Then I sewed strips of the clear liner across the base fabric from side to side. Next I sewed from bottom to the top creating pockets. I find that if I sew strips of biased tape over the seam from bottom to top, this reinforces the pocket seam.

I decorated some with bias tape on the top edge of the pockets before sewing them to the base fabric. One of the closets does not have a door and I hung a rod on the inside. I used the material to create a fabric curtain to cover the door. I sewed the clear liner to it just like the other organizers and hung it with shower curtain rings. The organizer curtain appears to be a simple curtain, but holds belts, jewelry, and other personal items on the inside. I made a few pillow cases to match the "door curtain" to tie the fabric to the rest of the room.

I bought several two weeks ago at the Dollar Store in NC. Perhaps they will be offered in your dollar store soon.

Oops. I forgot to tell you it was Dollar Tree.

Hats and Gloves in Over the Door Shoe Organizers
Uses for Over the Door Shoe Organizers
Organizing ClothingOctober 15, 2007
Fabric Shoe Organizer
Making a Fabric Shoe Organizer
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
🎉
🎄