Remembering to Rotate Your Mattress

Everyone knows that rotating your mattress will keep it in better form. I usually try to do this every year when the time changes. That way I know it is done at least every 6 months. I always have a hard time remembering if I need to spin it or flip it over. I came up with my own solution to SPIN in the SPRING and FLIP in the FALL. It takes the guesswork out and hopefully my mattress will last longer.

By Mel from NC

My mattress I cannot "flip", but only rotate. This is how I remember to rotate the mattress:

What I do is write ( I use a marker) on the foot end of the mattress when the next rotation is required.

AKA April (I am not sure of the next time change month) will be written on the mattress so I know if I have rotated the mattress or not when April comes around. Ditto the other end of the mattress. Mark it November. When November comes around I will know it's time to rotate again and April will be showing at the end of the mattress.

Thanks so much for that easy "alliteration" regarding rotating my mattresses.

Thanks for this idea. I've always had a hard time remembering when I last flipped the mattress or what I should do with it. I think your tip will be a great way to keep track of what I need to do when.

Unfortunately, rotating a pillow-top doesn't seem to work very well.

I live alone & it is very hard to turn or mattress.

There use to be these orange mattress turners that would help you but I can't find them anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about & where I can get them?

Caring for Your Mattress, Upclose photo of a mattress.
Caring for Your Mattress
Organizing Memory TricksNovember 15, 2010
Photo of a bed with a memory foam mattress.
Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress
Foam For Homemade Mattress
Homemade Mattress Ideas
Lettuce Crops
How to Rotate Your Crops
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover