Two Year Old Likes to Get Finger Tangled in Hair

I have a daughter who will be 2 in April. She has curly hair, a little past her shoulders. She likes to twirl her finger in her hair. The problem is sometimes she gets her finger caught in her hair, cutting off circulation.

I'm nervous that she is going to do this when I'm in the shower, or when I can't get to her fast enough. I did trim her hair to cut off any dead ends. Is there anything else I can do before I shave her head?

By Michele from Bangor, PA

The answer: Short hair. My hair was very fine at that age, got snarled over everything (not just fingers). She cut it in a little pixie cut until I got old enough to care for my hair better. Saved me a lot of tears. :-)

If you prefer to have her hair long just keep it braided (there are all sorts of cute ways to braid) except for special occasions when you know you'll be able to keep an eye on her. She'll stop the habit over time and keeping it in a braid(s) will aid in stopping the habit more quickly because there won't be curls to twirl ;-)

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceFebruary 25, 2010
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
A gold chain.
Removing Tangled Hair from Jewelry
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄