Make a Quick to Fix Recipes List

A recipe list of quick to fix meals with the ingredients stocked in the cupboard make it easier to avoid buying mixes and visiting fast food drive-thrus.

By Lynn

I would love to hear from people who have recipes like this. Perhaps between all of us we could get a decent list together.

Here's my contribution.

Cup of uncooked pasta

Cup of frozen vegetables

can of tuna

packet of white/or cheese sauce

grated cheese (optional)

Cook the pasta according to the directions... cook until just tender.. don't overcook...

Defrost the veggies or even put in frozen... your choice.

Make up the cheese sauce.

Open up the can of tuna and drain.

Mix everything together and put into a casserole dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.

Put into a pre-heated 180 deg. oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.

There you go. There's my contribution.

You don't even have to cook it in the oven if you are really desperate for time.

I have eaten this without cooking in the oven. However, if you do this you have to make sure the frozen veggies are not still frozen.

I've heated this mix on the stove top in a saucepan, and served it up as is. By using the packet mix, I've had this on table in 13-15 minutes.

It only takes 12 minutes for the pasta to cook on the stovetop... So while the pasta is cooking you can put the rest of the ingredients together and after you drain the pasta, you just mix the other ingredients together with the pasta, let it heat through for a while, and then serve it up. My girls wolf this down.

Even if you don't have any canned tuna, why not boil a few eggs and chop them up and mix through the cheese sauce and veggies. I know that I have used eggs, bacon, ham, etc. when I've been scrounging for ingredients to make up this meal.

God bless

Bev in Oz

Bisquick is a goody for fast casseroles - or hot dishes as we call them in Minnesota. Mix together cooked hamburger and mixed frozen veggies and top with grated cheese. Place in greased baking pan or pie pan. Mix 1 cup Bisquick with 1 cup milk, and and 2 eggs. Top with Biquick mix and bake, 400 to 425 for 30 to 35 minutes. A good quick "pot pie" as well with cooked chicken and veggies and cream of chicken soup. Do same, topping with mixture of 1 cup Bisquick, 1/2 cup milk and one egg and bake. Filling, fast and affordable.

A group of kids with their dad preparing tacos for a quick weeknight dinner.
Quick Meal Ideas for Busy Families
Organizing KitchenDecember 28, 2004
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Shovel and metal rake.
October's Garden To-Do List
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List
🎉
🎄