Easy Christmas Crafts

Hello Frugal Friends,

My daughter is looking for quick and easy Christmas crafts for her and her daughter to do to share with her first grade class. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa from VA

here is a link to some cute easy ornament

i'm planning on trying a few myself

i still have an ornament that my 19 year old son made in preschool that was adorable. You can find the solid christmas bulbs, black paint on a plate and have the children place both hands on the paint and then hold their hands and have them put each one on either side of the bulb...so you have their handprint forever emblazoned on a Christmas bulb..paint the childs name and the year on each side..its great!! You may want to put a sealant on it! A clear glaze coat in a spraycan...

There's always the old Rudolph candy canes- just twist brown pipe cleaners (cut in half) around the curve of the cane for antlers, glue on googly eyes and a small red pom pom nose (can get at crafts store or use a cinnamon candy decor). Can jazz these up with ribbon/pipe cleaner "scarves" too.

Or- cut two large mittens out of construction paper.

Have glitter, scraps, markers etc. to decorate. Make sure child's name is on them. Punch holes and string them together with about 10" of yarn- cute tree decoration. Can make for every family member and pets too.

Bring me back to my Brownie leader days! Cherish this time >^..^<

My son made a popsicle sled ornament in elementary school one Christmas.

boy making Christmas decorations
Christmas Crafts for Kids
Crafts Crafts For KidsNovember 14, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree