Top Yogurt With Cereal Crumbs

Save those crumbs from the bottom of the cereal bag! I love topping my yogurt with it to add some crunch! My favorite is from the Frosted Mini-Wheats, YUM!

By Christine from Spanaway, WA

Since the cereals you love are sugar loaded; be aware that's what you're adding to your yogurt. It turns a modestly healthy yogurt snack into candy.

It's especially true if you aren;t very careful about sifting out the few tablespoons of sugar that are in the bottom of every sugar loaded sereal bag. You could easily be DOUBLING THE CALORIES of your yogurt snack with very little nutrition to show for it.

It's a much healthier idea to use non-sugar loaded cereals which you can also mix with your bread crumbs for baking or frying foods; among other things.

I entered a tip once here that says:

Save Crumbs for a Topping

Date: 06/29/2008 Topic: Food Tips and Info > Leftovers

Post Feedback! | Email Friend | Print | Get Responses | Bookmark | | Link | Rate:

If you have left over crumbs from cookies and candy, or chips and flavored crackers, "rolling pin" them in a baggie. Sprinkle the sweet over ice cream and hot cereal, and the salty over soups, salads, and baked potatoes! Yummy!

Source: I always seem to have that little bit left, and don't like to waste anything. I have been doing this for a long time, and love BBQ chips over baked potatoes!

Bag of flake breakfast cereal spilling out on counter
Uses for Cereal Crumbs
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversAugust 20, 2008
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk