Uses for Cereal Crumbs

Category Baking
The crumbs at the bottom of your bag of cereal can be saved and used in baking recipes such as cookies. This is a guide about uses for cereal crumbs.

Save those crumbs from the bottom of the cereal bag! I love topping my yogurt with it to add some crunch! My favorite is from the Frosted Mini-Wheats, YUM!

By Christine from Spanaway, WA

The sweet cereal crumbs can be used as an ice cream or yogurt topping or added to batter for cake, muffins, and cookies. The plain ones can be added to meatloaves and breads. All can be toasted. They freeze well until needed.

If you have left over crumbs from cookies and candy, or chips and flavored crackers, "rolling pin" them in a baggie. Sprinkle the sweet over ice cream and hot cereal, and the salty over soups, salads, and baked potatoes! Yummy!

Source: I always seem to have that little bit left, and don't like to waste anything. I have been doing this for a long time, and love BBQ chips over baked potatoes!

By Sandra from Salem OR

There are always little crumbs left when the cereal is finished. I save these crumbs in a zip top bag, crush them fine, and use them in cookie recipes. The crumbs also could be used in place of breadcrumbs in some recipes.

By AnnMel from Mountain Home, AR