List and Find Solutions for Your Worries

If you are having problems sleeping, don't lay in your bed tossing and turning. Take a piece of paper and make list of everything that is on your mind. If it is a thought or worry write it down.

Ad

Example:

  1. My power bill is going up so much at this rate I won't be able to afford power!

  2. My 2 year old is starting to sass.

  3. My neighbor is not keeping their yard clean.

  4. My husband is grumpy when he gets home from work.

  5. What if I get laid off next week. How will we eat?

and so on.

Then go back through the list and jot a few notes on what can be done to address the issue. For the ones that there is no solution, strike it out and accept the fact right then you can't "fix" the problem.

Example:

  1. My power bill is going up so much at this rate I won't be able to afford power!

    I need to take time to check for drains of energy.

  2. My 2 year old is starting to sass.

    Address the issue at the time and give patience. Accept and strike out

  3. My neighbor is not keeping their yard clean.

    Offer to do it for them or just accept.

  4. My husband is grumpy when he gets home from work.

    Give him some time to adjust to home

  5. I might get laid off soon. How will we eat?

    Do I have a few weeks of food stockpiled, some money set aside. If not, start stockpiling some canned goods, dry goods that are on sale.

After you get through this step then put your list away.

In two days, take the list out and strike out what no longer applies. Most of the time 90% of our worries never happen and the other 10% right themselves.

Source: Dale Carnegie class years ago

By notwrong

October 18, 20090 found this helpful

Simple and brilliant! It definitely beats watching late night tv to try and take your mind off of the problems.

Ad
ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
October 19, 20090 found this helpful

This sounds simple, but is surprisingly effective. For those of a religious bent, the list would make a good prayer list, too (to pray for your neighbor, DH, your child - and yourself, of course.)

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related
Categories
Better Living Self HelpOctober 15, 2009
Guides
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Shovel and metal rake.
October's Garden To-Do List
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List
Making a "Honey Do" List
"Honey Do" List Craft Ideas
More
🎄
Christmas Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 6:03:52 PM on 10.0.2.131 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!