Making Fleece Socks

Fun gifts can be made using fleece to make warm and cozy socks. This guide is about making fleece socks.

December 11, 2006 Flag

These socks are great as an extra layer while moseying around the house and also make a great gift.

1. These socks are made to fit a size 8 (US) woman's shoe size. You will want to adjust smaller or larger depending on the size of the person. If you draw around the foot for a template, add about an inch all around the drawing for the bottom piece. The fleece does "give" a little.
  2. For the back, measure to the desired height and add a inch.
  3. For the front, start measuring to the desired height down over the instep to the toes and add an inch. Depending on the height desired, keep in mind that they may need to go over the calf which will require the pieces to be wider at the top.

1. These socks are made up of three pieces each. The first being the bottom which will measure approximately 10 inches long, 6 inches at it's thickest width (heel), and 4 inches at its skinniest (toes). Rounded on each end gradually getting skinnier towards one end.
  2. Ad

3. The second piece is the back. It should measure approximately 6 inches wide and 11 inches long. Rounded on one end.
  4. The third piece is the front. It should measure approximately 6 inches wide and 20 inches long and rounded on one end.
  5. Match up the curved edges of the bottom and back (heel) and sew around the semi circle.
  6. Match up the curved edges of the bottom (toe) and the the front and sew around the semi circle (for the toe).
  7. Ad

8. Match up the side seams from the front and back and sew down each side.
  9. Next match up the straight edges of the front and bottom and sew all the way around.
  10. Fold over the top edge about 1/2 inch and sew a hem, stretching out the fabric as you sew.
  11. Turn the sock right side out.
  12. Sew the second sock the same as the previous.
  13. Flag

thankyou thankyou, i was spending four dollars a pair for these!!! thank you so much for the design!!

Hey awhile back I made these based on my store bought pair and had trouble with them staying up...any suggestions?

wow, great gift idea.

Thank you for posting this. I made a pair for myself. This was my first sewing project on my new machine. I had never used a sewing machine before. Now I am going to make a pair for each of my family members. So much better than $15/pair for me & $8/pair for my kids.

Crafts SewingMarch 22, 2012
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Three Fleece Blankets
Making A Fleece Blanket