Making Fleece Socks
Fun gifts can be made using fleece to make warm and cozy socks. This guide is about making fleece socks
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These socks are great as an extra layer while moseying around the house and also make a great gift.
- 1/2 a yard of colorful fleece
- sewing machine
- These socks are made to fit a size 8 (US) woman's shoe size. You will want to adjust smaller or larger depending on the size of the person. If you draw around the foot for a template, add about an inch all around the drawing for the bottom piece. The fleece does "give" a little.
- For the back, measure to the desired height and add a inch.
- For the front, start measuring to the desired height down over the instep to the toes and add an inch. Depending on the height desired, keep in mind that they may need to go over the calf which will require the pieces to be wider at the top.
- These socks are made up of three pieces each. The first being the bottom which will measure approximately 10 inches long, 6 inches at it's thickest width (heel), and 4 inches at its skinniest (toes). Rounded on each end gradually getting skinnier towards one end.
- The second piece is the back. It should measure approximately 6 inches wide and 11 inches long. Rounded on one end.
- The third piece is the front. It should measure approximately 6 inches wide and 20 inches long and rounded on one end.
- Match up the curved edges of the bottom and back (heel) and sew around the semi circle.
- Match up the curved edges of the bottom (toe) and the the front and sew around the semi circle (for the toe).
- Match up the side seams from the front and back and sew down each side.
- Next match up the straight edges of the front and bottom and sew all the way around.
- Fold over the top edge about 1/2 inch and sew a hem, stretching out the fabric as you sew.
- Turn the sock right side out.
- Sew the second sock the same as the previous. Read 7 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:12:12 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us