Treating a Dog for Snoring

My little dog has a breathing problem when she sleeps. She makes noises and snores. Can I use the saline solution and put those drops in her nose?

By Louise from Chattanooga, TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

*I* don't know, because I've never had or felt the need to put drops in any of my pets' noses. But I think it would be best for you to give your vet's office a call, and run this question past them. They might be able to give an answer over the phone. Or, if there are medical concerns (over either the snoring or drops), they should recommend an office visit.

Best of luck -- I hope that she's breathing better soon, and that everyone gets some good rest!

What kind of dog is it? Certain breeds like bulldogs or Pekinese (sp?) have pushed in noses and are know to have breathing issues. A little snoring is normal. Is your dog gasping for breath? I agree that a call to the vet is in order.

Snoring for some dogs is as normal as barking or wagging their tail. Do NOT put drops in his nose without asking a vet first!

bull dog snoring
Remedies for Dog Snoring
Pets Dogs HealthMarch 20, 2010
old dog
Treating White Dog Shaker Syndrome
Looking at Dog's Rash
Treating a Dog's Rash
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:18:20 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.